Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" tires with 18" stock Rims

Old 01-29-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35" tires with 18" stock Rims

Any suggestions on tires for the stock 18" rims?

Anything else I need to do to make them fit?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lot's of data on the site if you look back a page or two on the modified thread (I am looking also, but at 33's)

To summarize, width is a factor, not just height. 11" or so and you will limit rubbing, but still experience some even with a lift. If you go to 12 or wider, you will definately have rubbing while turning and flexing.

Recommendation for 35" is generally at least a budget boost of 2.5" or so and wheel spacers (spidertrax and terraflex are most recommended). You will spend $150 or so on a boost and $200-300 on spacers in addition to your tires. You will need the lift regardless, but can go with a 4.5" or so backspaced wheel and eliminate the need for spacers.

Do a search and find way more info than I am offering in this summary.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeffD
Lot's of data on the site if you look back a page or two on the modified thread (I am looking also, but at 33's)

To summarize, width is a factor, not just height. 11" or so and you will limit rubbing, but still experience some even with a lift. If you go to 12 or wider, you will definately have rubbing while turning and flexing.

Recommendation for 35" is generally at least a budget boost of 2.5" or so and wheel spacers (spidertrax and terraflex are most recommended). You will spend $150 or so on a boost and $200-300 on spacers in addition to your tires. You will need the lift regardless, but can go with a 4.5" or so backspaced wheel and eliminate the need for spacers.

Do a search and find way more info than I am offering in this summary.
Thanks Jeff, this is the basic info I needed. U rock!

Quick Reply: 35" tires with 18" stock Rims