Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" Tire. 15" rim or 17" ?

Old 03-09-2015, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with 35 12.50x15 because I could buy a set of 5 for what I could buy a set of 4 16/17" for. Now that I have had them for a while I can say I am glad I went this route. There is an advantage to sidewall flex on a 15" 35 vs. a 17" 35 but unless you are very experienced off road I doubt the average wheeler would notice. I'm glad mostly because I like the look and got a complete set. My wheels are 15" x 8" with -19 offset. While there is less caliper and tie rod clearance than a 17" wheel, there is enough clearance for the tape weights and about 1/4" more. A lot more than advertised as a piece of paper.

15" 35's do seem to balance with more weight than 35's on 17" wheels but they do balance and the Cooper ST Max's I have now ride extremely well on and off road ( I tried the MTR Kevlar tires but they rode like shit and never seemed to balance).

There are much less choices for wheels that will fit and clear the calipers and tie rod however so me sure you can find a wheel you like before going 15's.

They aren't for everyone but I like mine

Quick Reply: 35" Tire. 15" rim or 17" ?