Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" and standard components

Old 01-24-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizarro
I assume that 3" is strictly a suspension lift and a 2.5 coil + 1" body lift would be ok.
3" suspension lift and an automatic will lead to tearing the boot on the front drive shaft in either a 2 or 4 door. Many people get away with it, but not for long and not forever. Lifting the body has no such negative impact.

Originally Posted by dcjackson3
Is the drive line problem only a 2dr? Or will you have he same issue on a 4dr jk with a 3 or 4 inch lift? If so what types of problems and how is best to fix it?
The front drive shaft is an issue on both 2 and 4 door JKs with a 3" lift and automatic transmission. On a 2 door with a 3" lift you will also need to replace the rear drive shaft.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO this is the right way to go 35s!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that is my personal trek as well, just need to do the long arm upgrade. Piginajeep was kind enough to invite me down at some point for a look/see, just need to free up the time to do so. I'm pretty stoked about it, as it seems that we are both on the same page with low center of gravity and most other things in his posts. Nothing but stellar reviews from his end and as far as I know, the 3" long arm install that prompted Full Traction to offer it up as a kit.

For now I'll limp along with 3" FT Ultimate kit and wait for the weather to bust.

Quick Reply: 35" and standard components