Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" Spare

Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paradise
So you ran a 37 on the tailgate without any problems? How long was it there?
Yep, didn't experience any rattling, eventually swapped it out for an LoD bumper/tire carrier. And still don't have any side effects from it.

It was on there for probably close to a year, and I did probably a dozen or so various wheeling trips of various degrees of difficulty.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1135236597.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	243421  
Old 11-29-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you like this? How long have you ran it? I considered this but figured if i was going to spend that much i might as well spend 250 more and get OR Fab carrier.
Let's put it this way, I like it and it works quite well. But...... I do plan on upgrading to a swing carrier and new bumper. So you could always save yourself the money and go right to the new bumper / carrier.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you like this? How long have you ran it? I considered this but figured if i was going to spend that much i might as well spend 250 more and get OR Fab carrier.
x2!! Does this Bestop carrier really work?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the carrier you have to worry about. It's the tailgate hinges that are the weak point.

Quick Reply: 35" Spare