Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35"s on a stock jk x

Old 09-03-2012, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Anything short of a flat road or trail will be trouble for 35's and no lift. I would get some kind of lift and cut the fenders so you have clearance. If not, your Jeep is honestly more capable stock than it would be like that
Lots of offroading done with mine without lift! I do have the flares cut, but had it flexed out and crawling over some rocks and in the mud no problems at all! With cut flares I have the same gap in the wheel wells as stock.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1506590580.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	361694  
Old 09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by OJK12
Lots of offroading done with mine without lift! I do have the flares cut, but had it flexed out and crawling over some rocks and in the mud no problems at all! With cut flares I have the same gap in the wheel wells as stock.
Front discos?

Rear bumpstops?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the replys guys.

Its reassuring me alot.
I might check out some cheap leveling kits or 1" pucks untill I can make me some thicker coil spacers and get my tracking bars and everything. And JPop would disconnects be necessary without offroading?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

If you aren't taking your rig off road disconnects aren't necessary. Also what you can get away with as far as clearance is a lot different for on and off road use. Off road you will assuredly rub even with flat flares and 35s without other modifications. You need to trim the rear pinch seam on or off road and preferably add some rear bumpstop. With front sway bar disconnects, you will need a leveling kit, a body lift or extra front bumpstop.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Oh ok.

Yea I plan on making 2" coil spacers for my jeep to lift it up and maybe make the bump stop to and buy everything else I need. Maybe I can steer clear of trimming flares if I make my bump stops a little long?
As of right now im not really much of a heavy rock crawler kinda guy. I prefer mud and clay but I do enjoy small bumpy obstacles every now and again.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thejkl

To me your JK has the prefect set up for what I want -- what is it exactly? Tires, lift, spacers, leveler?...

Much appreciated!
It's exactly stock but with wheel spacers. I agree with the others I would still add some sort of lift. I will be very shortly just trying to come up with the money.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop

Front discos?

Rear bumpstops?
I do have front disconnects and stock rear bumpstops. I'm no hardcore rockcrawler if so I'm sure I'd need to upgrade but works better than people think.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Save yourself the money on tires and buy retreads.

https://www.treadwright.com/p-79-315...dog-m-t-d.aspx

Its what im planning on doing when its time for new tires. People go back and fourth saying they are not safe but read up on the reviews of people who have owned them and its hard to find complaints. And at 160 a tire your left with enough just in savings to get a lift.

Just an idea
Old 09-04-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Patryk
He's stock I believe with just 35s
dude - i don't know - definitely looks like he is running some wheel spacers...
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKRay
It's exactly stock but with wheel spacers. I agree with the others I would still add some sort of lift. I will be very shortly just trying to come up with the money.
ok sorry i missed that... just spacers. What tires? Size spacers? Again much appreciated. I live in NYC and not planning on wheeling - just want that BA urban assault look. Don't want to spend money just to be a poser with a high and mighty jeep that never sees any mud. Just road slush. I am from the south and have a lot of respect for my jeep wheeling brothers. I do want cabbies to get the heck over and people to admire my rig.

You say you are planning on getting a lift -- Why? Are you planning on doing some more aggressive wheeling and need the clearance?

thanks

Quick Reply: 35"s on a stock jk x