Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" M/T's.. what to choose?

Old 10-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Burgundy
Im in the market for some new 35's and I'm stuck between a few pairs of tires due to availability and price:

Dick Cepek Extreme Country
Kumho KL71
Hercules Trail Digger
BFG K02

Any input and experience and pics of these tires (wear, on road performance, snow/ice) would be great, and if the K02 are even worth putting in the same league as a true M/T when it comes to off road behaviour, would be much appreciated.
We have many options for you. What exact size are you looking for? Your Jeep profile said 16" wheels. If so then you would be looking at 315/75R16. I can say that many customers from Canada ship to a US address then drive over and pick it up. Exchange rate still may not be good, but can save on duties and shipping costs. Confirm size and I will get you some suggestions and prices.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys I just ordered a set of 315/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs with Vision 398 Manx wheels.

I'm looking forward to getting it all mounted on once the lift gets installed
Old 10-21-2016, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys I just ordered a set of 315/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs with Vision 398 Manx wheels.

I'm looking forward to getting it all mounted on once the lift gets installed
Awesome! Nice choice We have a set of LT Duratracs going on my wife's Sahara this afternoon!
Old 11-04-2016, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1110610590.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	605.4 KB
ID:	660240

Finally picked these up. The lift can't come soon enough...
Old 11-05-2016, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

315/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs. Have look of MT's and they won't ruin your eardrums
Old 11-05-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

I was so pleased how aggressive they are. I was worried they would look tame compared to mudders but thats no problem. And way better in the ice and snow im told.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I've had quite a bit of experience with some of the more popular tires out there. I started my JK's build with BFG KM2 muds in 35, upgraded to 37s a year later. Both sets were horrible in anything slick, to the point of being deadly on ice. Neither came close to being their marked size. The 35s were actually about 33.75, the 37s more like a big 35. They didn't do anything well, dirt, rocks, etc were ok, not great. Street, they were noisy and hard to keep balanced. I dumped the 37s for MTR/Ks in 37. These were actually the marked size, and an improvement in all respects except for balance, which was a draw. I eventually wore them to a point they needed to go. They were on an estimated 60 day natl backorder when I checked around. On a recommendation I rolled the dice on a set of MT ATZ P3s in 37s and found the promised land. Best all around tire I've ever run, BUT, they unfortunately won't last 20k miles. No free lunch I suppose. Looking at the relatively new Toyo hybrid AT, and Nittos new Ridge Grappler. A new day has dawned in tire tech, the ATs are worth a look.

Last edited by SoK66; 11-06-2016 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in the market for some new 35's and I'm stuck between a few pairs of tires due to availability and price: Dick Cepek Extreme Country Kumho KL71 Hercules Trail Digger BFG K02 Any input and experience and pics of these tires (wear, on road performance, snow/ice) would be great, and if the K02 are even worth putting in the same league as a true M/T when it comes to off road behaviour, would be much appreciated.
I prefer PitBulls but my bud has the Hercules and they do just fine all year round. Pretty tough tire.

Quick Reply: 35" M/T's.. what to choose?