Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35" M/T's.. what to choose?

Old 09-21-2016, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35" M/T's.. what to choose?

Im in the market for some new 35's and I'm stuck between a few pairs of tires due to availability and price:

Dick Cepek Extreme Country
Kumho KL71
Hercules Trail Digger
BFG K02

Any input and experience and pics of these tires (wear, on road performance, snow/ice) would be great, and if the K02 are even worth putting in the same league as a true M/T when it comes to off road behaviour, would be much appreciated.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr Burgundy
Im in the market for some new 35's and I'm stuck between a few pairs of tires due to availability and price:

Dick Cepek Extreme Country
Kumho KL71
Hercules Trail Digger
BFG K02

Any input and experience and pics of these tires (wear, on road performance, snow/ice) would be great, and if the K02 are even worth putting in the same league as a true M/T when it comes to off road behaviour, would be much appreciated.
Can you not get BFG KM2s? Discount Tire Direct has them in stock with free shipping, i checked yesterday. Great tire, good life. Wish i could help with the others but i have never run them. Nitto Trail Grapplers are pretty nice too.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Ya i live in Canada so discount tire is not really an option. I can get KM2's no problem but there considerably more than the DC's. and budget is always a big factor when choosing what to run..
Old 09-21-2016, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya i live in Canada so discount tire is not really an option. I can get KM2's no problem but there considerably more than the DC's. and budget is always a big factor when choosing what to run..
Do you have Nitto Trail Grapplers available?
Old 09-21-2016, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Ya can get any of the Nitto line but there like $500 a tire. where the others iv narrowed down to are around $300-330. so to me its not worth it when you gotta multiply the difference by 5.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Ko2 are not close to being M/T's. I have a set and I like them but I like my toyo R/T's 10x better. If I could oil have one set it would be the toyo's.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya can get any of the Nitto line but there like $500 a tire. where the others iv narrowed down to are around $300-330. so to me its not worth it when you gotta multiply the difference by 5.
Damn... that sucks man. I would probably get the ones that look the most appealing in your case. If you are gonna be in the mud and ice, probably go with a mud terrain for sure.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More suggestions

I have over 60,000 miles on my Trail Grapplers (75,000+ with the 5 tire rotation) but I don't know if the math works out for you. $500 a tire is way more than I paid even with the exchange rate. They weren't good in the ice last winter in Chicago but I understand M/T tires generally aren't although siping can help. My Goodyear MT/R Kevlars seemed to work well in all conditions but were difficult to keep balanced. I'm currently running GY Duratracs on my TJ. They're an A/T but have a good all around reputation.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Ya I know some tires in Canada are way over priced for some reason like Nittos and any Super Swampers, but all the big names are available. Then it just comes down to what shop and their distributer... But the ones I narrowed down to are the ones I can get the cheapest that are still a good tire. Since I'm coming off of a Chinese brand (Sonny Mud Diggers) that are worn pretty good at 50,000km, I want a much better tire all around.

Last edited by Mr Burgundy; 09-22-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Have the Toyo MTs about 37K miles. They are down to around 11/32nd with lots of off road use. They are a heavy tire but I love them.

Quick Reply: 35" M/T's.. what to choose?