Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33x10.50x15 Photos

Old 07-06-2013, 06:31 PM
jrk
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33x10.50x15 Photos

I am looking at getting some 33x10.50x15 BfG ATs and was hoping to get a couple pictures and information from other forum members. I am planning on running a traditional 15x8 with 3.75 bs or perhaps 4 bs soft 8s ...

Can any of the members who have experience with this size only tell me how you like it? How far do the tires stick out past the flares? Do you get any rubbing either on road or off road?Can you post picture directly above or in front of the fenders?

I've looked at a lot of posts and the 33x12.50s are quite common as are the 285/75r16s but I haven't seen much on this tire size. I think this is the perfect compromise of weight, cost and mpg impact.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're asking for advice on an odd size which is why the feedback is limited. The 15's aren't an overly popular option with most folks so that cuts down on the group that can give you advice and then it's further reduced by going with a taller/ narrower tire.

You shouldn't expect any rubbing with the narrower tire like that since they'll honestly measure out to a tall rubi tire. The width should keep you from rubbing on any suspension components and you won't see much difference between a 12.5" tire and a 10.5" tire on the same wheels under the jeep.....it's 1" per side but remember that the tires don't measure up and that 1" per side is "sucked in" to the tire, so you don't see much of it anyways.

FWIW- I had 31x10.50x15's so I've got a little experience in the field except I went with wide wheels (10") and spacers for my need.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quick Reply: 33x10.50x15 Photos