Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33's on Stocker at Full Flex?

Old 01-11-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a picture of the setup you are talking about AT FULL FLEX.

Seriously.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hiteck
It will recognize the numbers but I think has to be a minimum of 3 characters to be considered a searchable term.

I just wished you could get a list of actual posts where the searched term actually is as oppossed to a link to a 15 page thread that has the terms in a post somewhere within those 15 pages.
I think what you are looking for exists. When using the search command I have an option to show threads or posts. Threads was selected when I brought it up. Changed it to posts & searched full flex. This thread had about five hits all at the top of the list. The posts are what shows with a link to the thread as the title above post. Is this what you are looking for?
Old 01-12-2008, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default rubbing also depends on width.

The wider the tires the more they tend to rub when flexed. Case in point my TJ has 3.5 suspension and 1 inch body lift. I had the stock flares and 35/12.5 with no rubbing. Then I decided to go with wider flares and they rubbed, not bad, but rubbed nonetheless. The same thing with wider tires they tend to contact the flares sooner at flex and especially when flexed and the wheels turned. So, everyone ask what the largest tire, but the question is equally what is the wide-est tire for a particular lift. I run 255/85/16 and haven't rubbed yet, but haven't wheeled it yet. The TJ paid for, so I tend to wheel this and the JK is my family hauler/ camping rig.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Guys,
I'm running TOYO A/T Open Countrys 285X70 R17 (33") with Pro comp 7189 17" rims with no lift and I have no rubbing at all. My Jeep is a stock X 4WD.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm runnng BFG KM2 285x75x17 on the stock 17" MOAB rim on my JK with no rub whatsoever...saved myself a bundle thinking I needed to lift and/or use those dangerous spacers.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would a 1 inch Body lift and wheels with the proper backspacing eliminate any of these issues?
Old 02-27-2008, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ge99ne
I think what you are looking for exists. When using the search command I have an option to show threads or posts. Threads was selected when I brought it up. Changed it to posts & searched full flex. This thread had about five hits all at the top of the list. The posts are what shows with a link to the thread as the title above post. Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sear...earchid=411748
Old 02-27-2008, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Talking hey

Do a search for 33* The * is a wildcard.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

you guys do realize that it took more effort on you're parts to give the poor guy the speel on not using the search then it did to answer his quesiton...

Not trying to dog anybody, but jeez this is getting retarded... seams like you can't ask a question here lately without 60 people jumping on you for not using the search... I say, if you don't want to answer.... DON'T.

But to answer the guys question... I have 33's I did have some rubbing when stuffed, but I don't wheel with the disco's disco'ed.

I have an RC 2.5" BB installed now with Spidertrax and 295/75R16's on stock aluminum wheels and the dealer has NO issues with it! Actually told me he wished he could lift all the jeeps going off the lot... but I'm in Fort McMurray, Alberta...not sure about NS.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed that too Beta...seems anyone with more then a 100 posts feels entitled to say..."use the search feature numb nuts...(sic)"...lighten up old timers and pro off road racers with mega buck factory endorsements...99.99% of us are just dilatantes...are there any super pro perfect in every way forum members here, BTW?

Quick Reply: 33's on Stocker at Full Flex?