Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Do you regret getting 33s?
I wish I got 35s!
41.03%
My 33s are perfect forever!
58.97%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

33s Regret? Finally a poll to answer the age old question.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33's love them.

I have 33's and love them. My gas econ does not suffer as much, less strain on the drivetrain, less $, lighter. No regrets at all.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the actual measured height of you guys' 33's?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MrDillClinton
What is the actual measured height of you guys' 33's?
32.5" for my 33's - straight from ProComp's website.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Live & learn experience for me. I should have waited to get the lift and 35s from the Getgo. Initially, I installed a 1" body lift and ran 33" Mickey Thompson ATZs. Did that for about 1.5yrs then had the earge to go bigger. Thereafter I installed a 2.5" TF coil lift and ran 35" Good Year MT/Rs. The money I spent on the 33s would have been better used for another mod....
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

didnt vote on the poll because none fit my thoughts. im going to 35's but my 33's have done me well, only reason im going to 35's is to justify my pr44
Old 01-30-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aldaman
Live & learn experience for me. I should have waited to get the lift and 35s from the Getgo. Initially, I installed a 1" body lift and ran 33" Mickey Thompson ATZs. Did that for about 1.5yrs then had the earge to go bigger. Thereafter I installed a 2.5" TF coil lift and ran 35" Good Year MT/Rs. The money I spent on the 33s would have been better used for another mod....
How were the ATZ's?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MrDillClinton
How were the ATZ's?
They were great on the highway, wet roads and sand. Had a slight hum to it at highway speeds nothing unbearable. Haven't tried them on deep mud though...I initially chose them for the aggressive look for an all terrain tire. But if I was to choose another AT tire I will try the GY Duratracs instead
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aldaman
They were great on the highway, wet roads and sand. Had a slight hum to it at highway speeds nothing unbearable. Haven't tried them on deep mud though...I initially chose them for the aggressive look for an all terrain tire. But if I was to choose another AT tire I will try the GY Duratracs instead
I wish the Duratracs came in a 33x12.50x17.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Jedi

I have the 285 Duratracs on stock wheels (with spacers) on my Rubi JKU. Do I wish I had 35's? Absolutely. I couldn't swing a lift yet though and I needed new tires. I can't stand the BFG KM's so I went up to the 285 GYD's.

My impressions are as follows:

It looks better than stock and the tires perform far better up until the point you start stuffing the tires, then the frustration starts. I'm by no means hardcore, but I have found that stuffing my tires (on all corners) is a pretty regular occurrence when negotiating uneven terrain. Now I'm left with either cutting my fenders, getting flats, or buying something to get me an inch or two until I can afford a real lift (at which point I will want 35's anyway).

Some people like budget boosts, I don't. If I'm going to lift my Jeep I want to put better components in, not just stilts for the stock stuff. To each there own, but I've always said budget boosts are like padded bras...they look great from the outside but don't do much in terms of real benefit to the user.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sharkey
I have the 285 Duratracs on stock wheels (with spacers) on my Rubi JKU. Do I wish I had 35's? Absolutely. I couldn't swing a lift yet though and I needed new tires. I can't stand the BFG KM's so I went up to the 285 GYD's.

My impressions are as follows:

It looks better than stock and the tires perform far better up until the point you start stuffing the tires, then the frustration starts. I'm by no means hardcore, but I have found that stuffing my tires (on all corners) is a pretty regular occurrence when negotiating uneven terrain. Now I'm left with either cutting my fenders, getting flats, or buying something to get me an inch or two until I can afford a real lift (at which point I will want 35's anyway).

Some people like budget boosts, I don't. If I'm going to lift my Jeep I want to put better components in, not just stilts for the stock stuff. To each there own, but I've always said budget boosts are like padded bras...they look great from the outside but don't do much in terms of real benefit to the user.
But a BB will do something for you - it'll keep your tires from rubbing. Get one, and when you're ready to go to a nice coil lift, sell it on here!

Quick Reply: 33s Regret? Finally a poll to answer the age old question.