Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33s and no lift

Old 07-31-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33s and no lift

How bad could I rub without a 2.5" lift with 33s? I was planning on getting a Tera Flex 2.5" with shocks and springs for my next purchase and then a winch. With all the gear talk I was thinking I should take the money for those two items and get gears. I have an auto with 3.73 and need to regear. I'm probably gonna go with 4.88s for better in town acceleration and to make the highway a little more bearable.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Depends on what you are going to do with your JK. You could probably run 33's without the lift if you're planning to mainly stay on the road. You'd get some rub in the wheel well potentially with sharp turns, but otherwise passable.

Since you're planning a lift and a winch, I assume you're thinking of off-roading it. In that case, once you disconnect the front swaybars you could damage the fender and wheel wells pretty good without the lift. Espcecially climbing rocks!

The tera-flex 2.5" is a decent budget lift...so again depending on what you're looking to do, might be worth the $.

Love the color of your JK...haven't seen too many of those around here...
Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

I have 33s now with no lift. I didn't have any rubbing issues at all when driving on the street. I did rub when disconnected and flexed though. I just chopped my fenders like in WOL's write-up and now the problem is solved!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Are you running wheel spacers with your 33s?

Quick Reply: 33s and no lift