Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33's minimum lift with full flex/articulation

Old 05-09-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33's minimum lift with full flex/articulation

I'm hearing that 33's will rub a bit without a lift. Does anyone know what the minimum lift you can get away with and still have full flex/articulation. I want a bit bigger tires, but not at the expense of performance.

Thanks,
Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Actually, the only real rubbing you may get is up front due to the factory rake and you might be able to get by with just adding 3/4" spacers up there. Otherwise, I would recommend installing a 2" budget boost as this will definitely get you what you want and for cheap
Old 05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was running 33's without rear bump stop extensions, the rear tires riped the rivets out on the fender flares. My rims only have 3.25" backspacing. I'm running the FT BB now. It's 2" in front, and 1.5" in back. No rubbing. BTW, I would not recommend using the trackbar relocation bracket.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. That is what I needed to know. I have a great deal of competition for household funds if you know what I mean and need to keep cost down. I'll get my 33's and spacers and just wait to win lift on the 16th. All kidding aside, I appreciate your help.

Quick Reply: 33's minimum lift with full flex/articulation