Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33s which gear ratio would you go with?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BFGMallTerrains
More than happy to honestly answer that question. 33's (and stock 32's) are simply too small and don't even look right for a JK, in 99 percent of any long term JK owner. Sure, when I bought my Jeep new I thought the stock 32's were big enough. THAT thought lasted, oh, about a week. Oh yes, you too will say goddammit why didn't I just get 35's and regear when you had to get new tires anyway. I'm totally satisfied now with my 315/70/17 Duratracs and 4.56 gears on my '13 automatic.

Please do NOT put yourself through the hell I put myself through buying tires and regearing twice

Heed ye these words of iron
thanks, auto needs 4.56 otherwise it's hunting for gears constantly. 4.1 with manual should work very well.

Quick Reply: 33s which gear ratio would you go with?