Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33s and bb 2 inch lift?

Old 02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33s and bb 2 inch lift?

what do i have to do to do this set up,i want a bb lift that will take out the factory rake,will my speedometer be the same?anything w my navi need to be done? waht other things will i need to address? thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Teraflex leveling kit would be perfect for you. It lifts the front 2", and the rear 1". And you can fit 33's easily. Your speedo will be off a little but going with the slightly larger tire (it will read slower than you are actually going).

The kit is very easy to install, and nothing else needs to be changed.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

that level kit sounds great,will the 33s rub at all,?at full stuff?will i be able to run stock wheels in meantime,and will navi be off????
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by genzod
that level kit sounds great,will the 33s rub at all,?at full stuff?will i be able to run stock wheels in meantime,and will navi be off????
They may rub a tiny bit at full flex (My 32's never have, and I have flexed it to it's max). And you should be fine with stock wheels. Although wheel spacer will give you a better stance. And you may rub when turning at full lock with the wider tires. Unless you go with narrower 33's.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I would say your MYGIG nav isn't specific to just a JK, that they us the same one in all of the Chrysler vehicles and the tire size on the vehicle will have no effect on the nav whatsoever.

Last edited by Dylanjam77; 02-16-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi

what do i have to do to do this set up,i want a bb lift that will take out the factory rake,will my speedometer be the same?anything w my navi need to be done? waht other things will i need to address? thanks
Happy with my 2" RE BB with monoshocks....it took out the factory rake and it clears 33's nicely and you won't have any rubbing while flexed.

the only thing I would look at upgrading is to get a quick Disco's like JKS if you are planning on off-roading and doing some flexing. Also, if you are using stock rims get some spacers if you go wider than 12" 33's this will avoid rubbing lock to lock steering.

Your speedo will be out alittle bit depending on the size of tires that came stock on your JK.

A few pics with 2" lift

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: 33s and bb 2 inch lift?