Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33's to 37's

Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
Who was right, the engineers who decided to use the 6 speed with a 0.84 gear ratio or the engineers who decided to use a 4 speed automatic with a 0.69 gear ratio?
Marketing, bean counters, manufacturing a hoodwinked Daimler trying to sell off the bag of magic beans to an inept LBO firm in Cerebrus. It didn't have anything to do with engineers and how bright they were.

My guess is you probably already knew that, and you can probably connect the dots on how they ended up with a more powerful engine and a more robust transmission.

Last edited by JPop; 01-20-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GOBIGRED
Sorry to butt in but i have been strugling with this regear thing for a month now. I just need some help. I have a 2011 JKU with 35's and an automatic. I live in nebraska this vehicle is a DD with interstate speeds of 70-80 mph. I will be off road at least 2 times a week. fuel consumption is not an issue to me. I will go to 37's when 35's are worn. my local 4x4 shop suggested 4.88 he said 5.13 gears can be week in a d30 would like any and all info. People with real life expierence would be nice not so much what you've read or heard some where. Thanks
80mph takes a lot of power to push. You really need to ask yourself if that's a big part of your decision. To maintain that kind of speed you really need a steep gear set or to continue driving with OD off when at those speeds. When you start adding things up, and have a need to add power where there aren't many alternatives on a 2011, it might be time to cut bait and look at a move to a 2012.