Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33" tires with a 1.5" performance lift

Old 03-09-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33" tires with a 1.5" performance lift

Ive been staring at these forums for weeks now, and i think ive finally decided on the tires lift and bumper i want to get. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what they get for mileage or just general performance if you have the same or close to the same set up.

Im gonna go with
-BFG AT KO 33x10.5/15 tires.

-1.5" Teraflex leveling kit with some .5" spacers up front

-Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper without a winch

Pics would be wonderful!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Tombstone-Actual
Ive been staring at these forums for weeks now, and i think ive finally decided on the tires lift and bumper i want to get. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what they get for mileage or just general performance if you have the same or close to the same set up.

Im gonna go with
-BFG AT KO 33x10.5/15 tires.

-1.5" Teraflex leveling kit with some .5" spacers up front

-Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper without a winch

Pics would be wonderful!
put a spacer in the back while you are at it. Both mine and my buddies sagged right away. my rear sagged both his front and rear sagged. I liked how they handled both on and off road just did not like that I had to pull apart right away and reinstall to add the spacers on both mine and my buddies.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Junkie

Or jump straight to a short lift coil and eliminate the TF problem.

As far as mileage goes- not many people run the lighter combo of tire that you're looking at so you may squeeze a little better MPG than most on 33's but it'll ultimately depend on how you use the skinny pedal.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt
put a spacer in the back while you are at it. Both mine and my buddies sagged right away. my rear sagged both his front and rear sagged. I liked how they handled both on and off road just did not like that I had to pull apart right away and reinstall to add the spacers on both mine and my buddies.
So you think i should go with the TF 1.5 lit with the 1/2" spacers both up front and back? theyre cheep as hell so i have no problem with that, just never really seen it done haha

Quick Reply: 33" tires with a 1.5" performance lift