Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33" Tire On Stock JK?

Old 12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33" Tire On Stock JK?

Will a 33" BFG KM2 tire fit on a stock height Wrangler X with the 17" wheels?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Yes, with 1.5" wheel spacers.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

They also fit fine with any aftermarket wheel no rubbing at all.But like just mentioned a stock wheel needs spacers.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roos85
Will a 33" BFG KM2 tire fit on a stock height Wrangler X with the 17" wheels?
If you plan on wheeling, you probably will have them hitting the fenders, especially if you have the ability to disconnect the front swaybar. What width is the tire?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am not sure. I am going to need new tires very soon but dont have money for the lift and all right now but wanted something a little nicer looking then the stock tire. I like the tires that come on the rubi's... I have been looking for some take off's but people want almost a grand for rubi take offs. I would rater spend the money on the wheels I really want and get bigger tires. I was thinking of going with a 16" wheel and 33" tires.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

The 33x11.5 km2 is a 285/70R17. I put them on a 07 JKU rubi with stock wheels a couple weeks ago. They just barely rub at full wheel lock on dry pavement. I disconnected the electronic sway bar and tried to flex it out in a ditch and I don't see how they would rub on the fenders. There are MANY MANY MANY threads on every jeep forum on the net discussing this. The consensus is that they fit with little rub. I would think with spacers they would be more likely to rub on the outside of the fender but that is only conjecture on my part and looking at mine trying to imagine where they would hit.

You should be good to go with 33's. Get them first and then see if you feel like you need wheel spacers, unless your going to replace the wheels anyway then now is a good time to do that.

Those of you that are only going by what you heard please stop posting it as fact. Not all aftermarket wheels have less backspacing. So buying an aftermarket wheel doesn't automatically mean they will rub any less. This is probably one of the most discussed topics on JK's and with just a bit of searching you'll find a ton of information on it.

What's your gearing at? Mine is 4.10 and I think it's borderline good with my automatic. I think it would drag at 3.73 and be unbearable at 3.21.

Edit: don't forget to add the cost of a programmer to recal your speedo and reset your shift points if it's an automatic.

Quick Reply: 33" Tire On Stock JK?