Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33 inch tire with stock suspension, is it possible?

Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You MUST cut flares or lift it or something. Otherwise you will smash your flares hard and might even get into some resulting body damage.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go with Terra Flex leveling kit...It will give you 2" up front and 1" in the rear...No rubbing anywhere for just over 100 bones.

If you went with a 11 inch wide tire you could forget the spacers. Adjust the steering stops and your done.. That would save you the cost of the spacers. It may even save you some dough on tires..

The pinch seam in the back is any easy fix with a hack saw and just a few minuted of your time..Then seal it up with some Clear Krylon enamel. This mod isn't really needed for 33"s but it bugged the crap out of me.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

I ran 33s on the stock suspension for a while. Only had to add a washer at the turnstops, good to go.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it various from wheel to wheel. I don't flex my suspension THAT much. Just hit speed bumps at like 20 mph and it will bounce the Jeep. Any pains with that? Spacers have already been ordered. I snatched up 4 "brand new" ones for a fantastic price. Will run them with my stock RSAs for a while until I have money for a set of 33s. If I have the money for a lift, I will get that too at the same time.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

I ran 33's for awhile with no lift. I didn't do much hardcore off roading, just some mild stuff. With the sway bar connected I would rub relatively often.

I have the 2 inch OME lift now with HD coils and am still running 33's and it still rubs a bit under full flex when the sway is disco'd. I am planning on cutting my fenders to remedy that problem tho

Good luck!

Quick Reply: 33 inch tire with stock suspension, is it possible?