Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33" on a 3" lift?

Old 01-17-2007, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33" on a 3" lift?

does anyone have pictures of 33" running under a 3" lift...i wanted to get an idea of what that looks like?
Old 01-17-2007, 08:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You know, 3" is a lot of lift for just 33's and unfortunately, I think you might be hard press to see some pics of this.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by alxnlgn
does anyone have pictures of 33" running under a 3" lift...i wanted to get an idea of what that looks like?
I'd agree with wayalife, 3 inch might be a little too much. I've posted my pic a couple of different places. I have a 2.5 inch skyjacker on 33's. I think it looks good (I'm biased ), but I could easily have gone with the 33's without a lift.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lift

I have a 2" lift with 33" tires.

I agree that a 3" would look a little strange, to tall.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AJSJK
I'd agree with wayalife, 3 inch might be a little too much. I've posted my pic a couple of different places. I have a 2.5 inch skyjacker on 33's. I think it looks good (I'm biased ), but I could easily have gone with the 33's without a lift.
AJSJK i love the look of your jeep with the 2.5 in lift...do you really think that another .5" will throw that look off...i hate to say it because i will get a rash of s%^T from almost everyone on this sight but i almost think that the 35" and 3" fills the wheel well up too much? I just don't want it to look stupid!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

2.5" lift and 34's (305/70/17) should be just right then! That's my plan
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

AJSJK i love the look of your jeep with the 2.5 in lift...do you really think that another .5" will throw that look off...i hate to say it because i will get a rash of s%^T from almost everyone on this sight but i almost think that the 35" and 3" fills the wheel well up too much? I just don't want it to look stupid!
Thanks for the compliment! I won't be doing any hardcore offroading (weekend puddle splashing at most), for me it was as much personal preference as anything. I will say that with the 2.5inch lift and the 33's it looks like I have a lot of room b/t the wheel and the flare. I actually like that look, but others don't. Going up another .5 inch probably won't make a big difference, but I had my lift on for about a week b/4 I got my new wheels/tires and my stock 255/70/18's (which are for sale ), with the 2.5inch lift looked really really bad (to me).

Good luck, and do what makes you happy! I know I could have gone bigger on tires, but I LOVE the way mine turned out. Personal choice!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you plan on doing a bunch of offroading, I think the wheel wells filled up looks great..I think they look silly when you have a lift too big for the tire selection.

Last edited by TexasChopper; 01-17-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 33" on a 3" lift?