Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

32's or 33's

Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kh202
They are certainly not a great mud tire, but those stock SRA's took my jeep places offroad before i went to 35's lol. Don't completely bash em
Yeah, I did parts of Fins n' Things with stock SRAs lol...

Went with a Teraflex leveling kit and BFG 33 inch tires and love them!

My reasoning is, if you're going to buy new tires, you might as well go bigger. Same logic as buying a TV,

Last edited by xerofall; 02-09-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Want a bigger looking tire? You almost need to walk up and read the tire size to tell the difference between 32 and 33.

Want a better performing tire? Tread design will make more difference than size between 32 and 33.

Want a tire that isn't available in 32 (Like Duratrac or TA/KOs)? Get some 33s and a Procal.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lwolfe36

That's pretty much the look I'm going for. Looks awesome. I am going to leave the stock 17 wheels and go to 285/70r17's. I'm just trying to decide on the tire I want. How do the trail grapplers do on the road
There not bad at all yet, might be after they get some miles on them.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for all the good info

Originally Posted by J.cyr8
I've got what you're looking for! 285/75/17r Firestone Destinations AT. I believe these are a 32". I kick myself for not getting 35's. but these really are a great tire. Quiet on the road. Pretty much same gas mileage as my stocks. I didn't think they'd do too well off roading, but they definitely hold their own. Great if you only go a few times a year. And even in the snow ( despite this picture of my jeep snowballs) they grip well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this tire again. Unless of course I had the good sense to go bigger :p. recommend the 33" Firestones. GREAT quality for the price!
Those look great. It's always hard to tell from a tire rack picture. But I think that is definitely a tire that I could go with especially since you like them. I had duelers on my old jeep that are a t/a and I like the look of them.