Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

315's?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 315's?

Newbie here, first post, so you already know where I'm headed with this...first let me say that I looked through the newbie question page regarding tire and wheel questions we (newbies) may ask and have failed to get my answer....I apologize for my question ahead of time but I will ask .......I am interested as all of you once were at upgrading to a larger tire and wheels, my ? is..can I run 315x70x17's on my 4 door Jk with only a 2"BL without any rub?? I see that the 315's are a tad bit smaller than 35X12.5x17's so I thought maybe??? My wheels will be 17x8 Pro Comp series 7105's with 4.5 BS......and yes, I have considered 33's, but know that they are like an inch, if that, taller than stock.......Thanks for everyone's insight.....
Old 01-19-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

It's the width, not the height. And yes, with that backspacing, it will work. You might still have to trim some, but not a lot.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

You're goin to rub at full flex. I have a 3" spring kit and still rub my fender at full stuff.

Quick Reply: 315's?