Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

315 Duratracs w stock fenders and no lift?

Old 03-24-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remember the white one up there is also a rubi. will be slightly taller than your sahara.

i had my duratracs on with a leveling kit and it rubbed on the air dam and the fenders when turning. even something as small as a curb will make it rub. but it is doable.

i would def lift it a little first
Old 03-24-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Lift Install

I'm always up for helpin with jeep projects. My schedule gets busy soon but we should be able to find something that will work. If we go through with it we can recruit help from the Cleveland JKs group and knock it out in no time. Keep me posted. I'm subscribed to the thread now.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadPunkin
I'm always up for helpin with jeep projects. My schedule gets busy soon but we should be able to find something that will work. If we go through with it we can recruit help from the Cleveland JKs group and knock it out in no time. Keep me posted. I'm subscribed to the thread now.
Older thread, I want to update since I have the wheels and tires in the garage.

Well the wheels and tires are yelling out my name every day. Soonest I can get a lift installed is the 16th.
I’m gonna try to put them on there stock this weekend
Probably won't work but why not try?

Last edited by speed2005; 06-07-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rafi
remember the white one up there is also a rubi. will be slightly taller than your sahara.
stupid question...why is the rubicon taller? other than a larger diameter factory tire than the sport/X model (32" vs 29")...the jeep specs out the same dimension-wise, i thought?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drphil
stupid question...why is the rubicon taller? other than a larger diameter factory tire than the sport/X model (32" vs 29")...the jeep specs out the same dimension-wise, i thought?
That’s actually a good question
Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 35/12.50, that measure about just under 34 from the pavement, with a teraflex leveling kit, i do not rub, you can run just about 35's with no rubbing if you cut your fenders. Look on the forum, there are many people with sahara's (painted fenders) that cut theirs and they look great, just get door trim to finish them, I love my cut fenders, and saved me 600 bucks lol.

Quick Reply: 315 Duratracs w stock fenders and no lift?