Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

315 70 17

Old 10-21-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have seen some where you just have to use a cutoff wheel and bevel the seam. Basicly just give it a 45 degree angle.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im running 325/65/18s on a tf leveling kit. The front is actually at stock height with my winch and bumper, and my rear is only a 1/2 inch higher with my steel rear bumper (no carrier, no spare tire)

I rub hard to the point of the tires squealing on the rear inner fenders, but it doesnt touch the pinch seams. These axles move rearward when they flex, so if there is a little room level you will be fine flexed.

Lots of clearance in the front but I dont disco just for that reason. Im sure it would rub.

All of this being said, Im running bushwacker flatties as well.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a TF leveling kit and a 1 inch body lift on 315/70/17's. on my stock wheels.

I just had to cut a little bit of black plastic under the front. i guess the under carriage oil pan protector crap.

it will rub at full flex but nothing too bad
Old 10-21-2010, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Do you guys have any pics of your set ups.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Here's mine with those tires:

I used a rough country budget boost with shock extensions, Teraflex monster track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, front upper and rear lower bumpstops and 4-door rubicon springs. It seems to be a very cost effective and capable lift. I plan to add front lower control arms to get rid of the flighty feeling.

The tires seem to do well on road and are still capable off-road. I too found them for a price that I could not refuse.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Nice clean looking JK man!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubicorn
Here's mine with those tires:

I used a rough country budget boost with shock extensions, Teraflex monster track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, front upper and rear lower bumpstops and 4-door rubicon springs. It seems to be a very cost effective and capable lift. I plan to add front lower control arms to get rid of the flighty feeling.

The tires seem to do well on road and are still capable off-road. I too found them for a price that I could not refuse.
Yeah very nice looking!

Thanks for sharing
Old 10-21-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm going to install the same size tires on my Unlimited Rubicon. I have to keep my bumper height from rising too much because I tow my Jeep so I'm going to cut my flares, install a 1" body lift and probably a set of 1" spacers front and rear. That plus bumpstops should to the trick. I'll cut back my Rubi rails and the pinch seam as needed.

You should be able to do something similar and be all set, even off-road.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex leveling kit and a 1" body lift and I'm running 315/70/17 Duratracs. Had to trim the pinch seam and my rock rails almost an inch but there's no rub even at full stuff...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:36 PM
JK Freak

I appreciate all of the insite on this!

Thanks everyone.

More pics would still be awesome!

Quick Reply: 315 70 17