Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

305/70R16 on stock?

Old 10-05-2016, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 305/70R16 on stock?

Hi guys so fresh new to theforum, so in a couple of days I will be getting my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] jeep JK sowanted to start out some mods taking advantage of a couple of things.

1. Already owna CJ that has offroad equipment I can easily transfer to my JK
  2. Want tostart offroading again after 6 years so it’s like starting out again

So here is the deal wanted toget some info tips and watchouts.. my CJ is running what was once a superlift 4”suspension.. now with some mods springover and such is 10” it’s running on A/T 33s(305/70R16) 1 year in they are practically new… about 100 miles on them sincenot a daily driver… want to go to 35’s and wanted to know

Can a Stock YK take the A/T 33s(305/70R16) don’t want to end up with spares .. high cost spares…
I read several threads thatsay it can run with a risk of rubbing… but wanted to get an opinion orexperience if you’ve done this before.. I can always slap them on and if itdoes not work return them to my CJ but want to in a way recycle/reuse

So new uses will be.. YKdaily driver for a family of 5, light trailing and dunning as I have a gooddesert here… CJ Dunning and a bit more heavy trailing but since I cant fitsafely a family of 5 the idea is to tow the CJ and use the 2 jeeps in tandem JKfor the wife and CJ for me
Note: I am pending to see what the backspace is on the rimsas I bought them 18 years ago and to be fair my memory does not go that farback.

Thanks a bunch!

Quick Reply: 305/70R16 on stock?