Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

305/40/22 tires= RUbbing??

Old 07-27-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see it Flexin?

Originally Posted by goldieexpo
Here are my 22" RIms with 305/40/22 Falken TIRES....PERFECT FIT! NO RUBBING

FRESH FROM THE SHOP

Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

MY Skin HURTS FROM ALL THE BEATINGS ON THE FORUM!

Seriously, Everyone has different tastes....I like my JEEP and its still a JEEP after putting 22s, 17s, Stock or OFF ROAD tires. I like it...Im payin for it, RIGHT?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Junkie

Seriously, Everyone has different tastes....I like my JEEP and its still a JEEP after putting 22s, 17s, Stock or OFF ROAD tires. I like it...Im payin for it, RIGHT?
It is your Jeep and you only need to make yourself happy...well maybe the wife. Do to it what you want and be proud......
Old 07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Yup, I've always mainted the dare to be different theory for Jeeps. When you burn out that set of tires, consider going with an All Terrain, like the Nitto Terra Grappler as they suit the Jeep just a bit better and still ride and handle great. Although if you're pulling them off in the fall as you originally posted, then that set of tires should last you a really long time. Keep the mods coming and keep posting so we can all check in and see how your jeep is coming along.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

I dont care if your auditioning for the remake of 8-mile, please dont do that to a jeep. trade it in for the honda truck or something, just not a jeep.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dat sit is ghetto fo realz
Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Default An Apology -- Just Read it!

Look, we don't mean to bash you to the point where you don't like us. And yes, a Jeep is something you should take pride in and we do hope that you love your Jeep. But that's just it, we take pride in our Jeeps and the Jeep Wrangler heritage. I mean, we get to drive and modify the latest successor of the Jeep Willy: which was specifically built to handle the abuse of off road terrain and a war torn environment.

OP, we don't hate you by any means. Know that. It's just you are learning first hand how proud the Jeep community is. We buy these vehicles because we want to go places that no other vehicle can take you; we buy these vehicles because we want to test man & machine vs. mother nature; we buy these vehicles because of the history they were founded on.

Every supposed 4x4 like the Hummer, and practically every other SUV out there is sitting on bigger wheels, chrome parts, and will more than likely never see a speck of a dirt. That's fine; that's their reputation. But the Jeep Wrangler's reputation is known to be an off road dominator. We spend hundreds to thousands of dollars modifying our rigs to take us on the most extreme terrains that no other vehicle stands a chance in. So when we see someone spend their money on bigger wheels and custom paint jobs, but not on a lift or bumper or winch or rugged tires, it boggles our minds and we feel we have to protect the heritage of the Jeep Wrangler so it doesn't become what the Hummer and every other SUV has a become...

I could go on and on and probably write a 10 page supportive essay about how proud us Jeepers are of our JK's and why we are like that. But I think you now kind of understand where we're coming from now.

One last thing, there are tons of arguments and bashing on here. But that's because we're kind of like family. No one will truly understand the joy we take in our Jeeps except for others like us. Fighting and bashing and joking are all over the form. Just develop the thick skin for it and go with the flow. Learn from the threads and participate in the threads.

And sorry.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there are two threads beating the same guy?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Well This is goldieexpo an I am impressed by some of the members "taking up for me" I did take the abuse well and read the apology.....It all good!

JUST WAIT TILL WINTER....U will BE IMPRESSED!

Quick Reply: 305/40/22 tires= RUbbing??