Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" Zone Suspension Lift vs. 3.25 Rough Country Lift

Old 04-21-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Zone Suspension Lift vs. 3.25 Rough Country Lift

Which one is better, I want to know which one people prefer considering i have seen people say that the RC rides like shit. So hit me with it and im gonna use 35's, Sorry for all the lift questions, promise this is the last one.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally have the 4'' zone and every thing seems to be fine. As for ride comfort, just a little less comfort than factory and good off road. For the money it's great, I paid $450. I don't anyone or anything about the R C lift so I can't say. The ? is how much do you want to spend. I had to go cheap because between lift,tires,rims,gears,lockers,delta offroad lights,winch and lod front stubby with in 4 months I'm broke. So next year I'm going to have teraflex 6'' long arm lift installed.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I also went with the Zone 4" lift. Ride quality is moderately more stiff than stock which is expected of any lift. No problems, concerns, or issues at all. The easiest lift kit I've installed on any Jeep.

I remember thinking that the 3" Zone lift was lacking especially when so close in price to the 4" kit. For under $500, by far the best purchase so far for the JK. Well besides the 35" tires, 15x10 wheels, and uncontrollable grin that came after installing the kit.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the Zone 3" and love it. Rides better than stock, flexes like mad and clears 35's perfectly but I also have flat fenders.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txjeeplover
I also went with the Zone 4" lift. Ride quality is moderately more stiff than stock which is expected of any lift.
Not if you go with an OME lift
Old 04-22-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

I also just installed the 3" Zone lift $439, Rides very nice, made in the USA. Now if I could just get my new tires installed, wheel spacers are holding up the install.

Originally Posted by rmdchewie
I went with the Zone 3" and love it. Rides better than stock, flexes like mad and clears 35's perfectly but I also have flat fenders.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

have the RC 3.25 lift installed with no issues. Little bit firmer than stock. Also have the steering stabilizer. Running 35 inch DC FC II's

Quick Reply: 3" Zone Suspension Lift vs. 3.25 Rough Country Lift