Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which of the 3 Lifts?
AEV 2.5" W/ Geo Correction $1105.00
66.67%
JKS 2.5" w/ Fox Shock $1183.00
27.78%
BDS 2" Spring w/ Fox Shocks $903.72
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Which of the 3 would you spend your money on for a 90% Daily On-Road Driver?

Old 09-26-2015, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which of the 3 would you spend your money on for a 90% Daily On-Road Driver?

JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5" w/ Geo Correction Brackets

JKS Jspec 2.5 in. Lift Kit

BDS 2" Spring Kit with Fox Shocks

I spend most of my time on highway and surface streets, however I do hit a mix of trails on the weekend and for work I do need to access some remote oil field places as well. So reliability and comfort are more important to me then price. I will add GEO correction to any of the lifts.

Last edited by bjielsl; 09-26-2015 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Going to get lots of opinions on this. Here is mine for my own usage. AEV as you say geo correction, I did replace Bils with Rancho 9000, Teraflex Trackbar, omu steering stabilizer. Love the ride and mild offroad performance.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bjielsl
JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5" w/ Geo Correction Brackets JKS Jspec 2.5 in. Lift Kit BDS 2" Spring Kit with Fox Shocks I spend most of my time on highway and surface streets, however I do hit a mix of trails on the weekend and for work I do need to access some remote oil field places as well. So reliability and comfort are more important to me then price. I will add GEO correction to any of the lifts.
2.5" Metalcloak. Just look at it before you make a final decision on the other 3.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nhk19
2.5" Metalcloak. Just look at it before you make a final decision on the other 3.
I'm going to second this. My jeep is 95% road, but I love the on road ride and off road I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NJKURPat
I'm going to second this. My jeep is 95% road, but I love the on road ride and off road I couldn't be happier.

Wow.... Which one? I have more research to do.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Wow.... Which one? I have more research to do.

After some research Planman summarized it pretty will in another thread

Originally Posted by planman
AEV and MC are designed for completely different uses.

AEV designs its stuff to work together--extremely heavy bumpers, Hemi swaps, etc.--to be used mostly for street driving and expedition-type wheeling. The coils and shocks are tuned/valved to work together, and the steering and control arm drop brackets, and other brackets are designed to handle hard braking, hard cornering, and other street driving better than stock.

It actually works pretty good for towing at max limits--3500 lbs on a JKU.

As a result, if your rig is light (without very heavy bumpers and loaded with cargo), you drive offroad rarely in expedition mode, you rarely tow, you spend most of your miles off road, etc., the AEV lifts weren't designed specifically for your use.

The MC lifts were designed by guys who rock crawl their jeeps who look for maximum suspension articulation with stock length control arms. They weren't designed for running a slalom course with 1000 lbs of bumpers and cargo added to your jeep, within extra 500 lbs from a Hemi swap, and an emergency braking stop added to the course.

I wouldn't run an AEV if my primary use was rock crawling, and I wouldn't run an MC if my rig was an ubber heavy, mostly street driver that regularly towed 3500 lbs.

Being that I am not a rock crawler and I am planning on using the jeep for an expedition style rig, I think that AEV is built more for my taste.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

After some research Planman summarized it pretty will in another thread

Being that I am not a rock crawler and I am planning on using the jeep for an expedition style rig, I think that AEV is built more for my taste.
Did the AEV 2.5 a while back with GEO bracket, really love the ride especially when completely naked, all the weight in the JK lower portion it feel like a go cart: minus the power lol. As mentioned the lift is rated higher than the stock JK weight. The quality is there I have 0 issue with it and I'm a big suspension banger I rarely lift the foot 😉
No cam bots is required or spacer if you stick with stock rims.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Pape
Did the AEV 2.5 a while back with GEO bracket, really love the ride especially when completely naked, all the weight in the JK lower portion it feel like a go cart: minus the power lol. As mentioned the lift is rated higher than the stock JK weight. The quality is there I have 0 issue with it and I'm a big suspension banger I rarely lift the foot dde09 No cam bots is required or spacer if you stick with stock rims.

Need spacers for stock wheels?
Old 09-27-2015, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would also look in to Old Man Emu. I've heard great things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 09-27-2015, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LOLO9293
I would also look in to Old Man Emu. I've heard great things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Been there, done that; on a different JK. Was OK, but didn't wow me. Guess I wanted to try something different. I put that lift on a 07 JK for my friend, it went from Hawaii to Italy to San Diego; then she sold it to my mom and now it is back here in TX. I have built and cared for this jeep for 8 years and I have only driven it about 20 times.

Quick Reply: Which of the 3 would you spend your money on for a 90% Daily On-Road Driver?