Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" Lift Teraflex Owners: Height Measurements

Old 01-23-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonbooth

TF 3" with BFG 35s... hope that helps... I will measure shortly if you really want that. and that is with a RR front bumper.
Is it just the pictures or do you have a little reverse rake? Front end looks higher than the rear in your pictures. I would think with your front steel bumper it would settle things out a little over time.

Looks great by the way, can't wait to get my stuff all on and up in the air.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
Ya I could easily go 37's just didnt know that until I had already purchased the 35's but sometime in the future.... just be careful because from what i read on this forum before i bought my lift and tires everyone recomended the 35's with a 3" Teraflex.
You could fit 37's on it based on its stance sitting on the street. But, if you disconnent and wheel at all, you would probably rip your fenders off. As I said, I am rubbing up front right now with my 35s when disco'ed and at full stuff. You could get longer bump stops, but then you would seriously limit your travel making the 37s perform worse than 35's...
Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiJK
Ok, this is what I have for you...

"PRE-LIFT" means I only had a 3/4" Daystar coil spacer up front, and no suspension mods in the rear. At the time, I had NO front or rear bumpers on it, not even the stock ones. I was also sitting on 285/75-16" BFG KMs at about 28 lbs of pressure.

"POST-LIFT" means it has the 3" TeraFlex coils, plus the 3/4" Daystar coil spacer up front. I also have a 94 lb winch and a front bumper that probably weighs about the same as that. Still no rear bumper. It is now sitting on 35x12.50-17" BFG KMs at about 26 lbs of pressure.
Would you mind posting profile shots like "brandonbooth" did? PLEASE!
I am wanting to go with a teraflex 3" and 35's on my black four door "when i get it" (stupid insurance companies and lawyers")... And would really like to see it... I am debating it between the 2.5" coil lift...
Old 01-25-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Seriously, if you are going to get out and really wheel, skip the 2.5" altogether. I know a lot of guys do it, but 2.5 and 35"s are gonna rub and be a pain. I think the 3" kit is perfect for 35's. Best of luck. Here are those pics you wanted... Just cut the front fenders today, but ran out of time to do the backs.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

If it helps your decisions at all, here is a pic of mine on the TF 2.5" with 33's...

Old 01-25-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Junkie

Seriously, if you are going to get out and really wheel, skip the 2.5" altogether. I know a lot of guys do it, but 2.5 and 35"s are gonna rub and be a pain. I think the 3" kit is perfect for 35's. Best of luck. Here are those pics you wanted... Just cut the front fenders today, but ran out of time to do the backs.

I got to agree mine flexes 35"s great! 3" TF

Last edited by Gokracer1; 01-25-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Hey Gokracer, do you get any rubbing up front at all? Are you just running the 3" or do you have some spacers also?

Anyway, to the OP, here is a pic of my same rig, on 35's with the 2.5" TF coil lift plus a 3/4" coil spacer up front... Figured this gives you all the diff looks my rig has had! ha!

Old 01-25-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Junkie

Hey Gokracer, do you get any rubbing up front at all? Are you just running the 3" or do you have some spacers also?

Anyway, to the OP, here is a pic of my same rig, on 35's with the 2.5" TF coil lift plus a 3/4" coil spacer up front... Figured this gives you all the diff looks my rig has had! ha!

No no rubbing at all up front. The rear BARELY touched the liner a bit but you can see it, but you can't hear it. That's why I say touches. No spacers of any kind at all. I was going to throw on 1/2 thicker spring isolators on in the rear just for when I load it up w/ stuff..

Here is a pic of the rear stuffing

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PC060314.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	18279   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010411.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	18280  

Last edited by Gokracer1; 01-25-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
No no rubbing at all up front. The rear BARELY touched the liner a bit but you can see it, but you can't hear it. That's why I say touches. No spacers of any kind at all. I was going to throw on 1/2 thicker spring isolators on in the rear just for when I load it up w/ stuff..

Here is a pic of the rear stuffing
Nice! I was surprised I rubbed up front (none in the back) especially with my 3/4" spacer. Although if I had 4.75" of back spacing instead of 4.5" I think it would have tucked up nicely inside the fender well so it wouldnt rub on the outer edge. I'm also running the front bumpstops from the 2.5" kit so maybe thats allowing it to travel a little more. Anyway, just curious... I chopped the fenders today so it wont be a prob anymore!

Quick Reply: 3" Lift Teraflex Owners: Height Measurements