Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" lift - Info needed

Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 3 inch zone on my 11 jku with nitro shocks. First time installing with a new friend I met on here and love it. Put it on in 4 hours in his driveway and still running the stock adj trackbar, no issues at all and love it. I'll upgrade the trackbar eventually but not a have to do thing. Great customer service also. And your right it is made by Bds just doesn't have the lifetime warranty to save you money on the kit. I love it
Old 06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh and I'm running 35s (315s measuring 34.8 tall) with stock fenders and no rubbing at all. I have pro comp 17s with 4.5 backspacing
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Another option to consider....
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...me-out-231510/
Take advantage of the rebate until the end of this month!!!

Originally Posted by DanBlan
so I'm thinking about putting in a 3" lift in my 2012 JKU Rubicon (Automatic with 4.10 and max tow package) with 35's. Here's my shopping list so far:
Zone 3" JK suspension system with upgraded Nitro shocks.
Adjustable track bar,
procomp seties 98 flat black rims. 16" with 4.5" backspacing.
AEV Procal Module
35" tires. Undecided what brand I will go with.

is anybody running this lift on a 2012 JKUR? Any feedback, photos, pros/cons? How did the installation go? Are you happy with it?

Is anybody running any of the other gear mentioned above? Feed back?

is anybody using the stock tire carrier with a 35"? How's the tailgate holding up?

Is it safe to assume that I'll have to trim the rock rails to fit the rear tires in properly?

Will the stock fenders be ok for now?

Is there anything I should be aware of before pulling the trigger on this or am I forgetting anything?

thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New front drive shaft for sure, I'm in the same boat right now on my 2008 and looking for a drive shaft, plan on $600 for a new one.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Jedi

The rancho 4" sport with 9000's would be about that price after the rebate deal. It is very complete and so cheap I think they are losing money. Go look at what all it comes with versus the zone kit. They ride fantastic. They drop the front trackbar and draglink along with lowering the front control arms and it gets rid of any bumpsteer and and doesn't have any flighty feeling. Nice innovative kit at a super low price. I like it. I have wheeled with a guy that had it and I was surprised with it on and off road.

Quick Reply: 3" lift - Info needed