Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" lift - Info needed

Old 06-25-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3" lift - Info needed

so I'm thinking about putting in a 3" lift in my 2012 JKU Rubicon (Automatic with 4.10 and max tow package) with 35's. Here's my shopping list so far:
Zone 3" JK suspension system with upgraded Nitro shocks.
Adjustable track bar,
procomp seties 98 flat black rims. 16" with 4.5" backspacing.
AEV Procal Module
35" tires. Undecided what brand I will go with.

is anybody running this lift on a 2012 JKUR? Any feedback, photos, pros/cons? How did the installation go? Are you happy with it?

Is anybody running any of the other gear mentioned above? Feed back?

is anybody using the stock tire carrier with a 35"? How's the tailgate holding up?

Is it safe to assume that I'll have to trim the rock rails to fit the rear tires in properly?

Will the stock fenders be ok for now?

Is there anything I should be aware of before pulling the trigger on this or am I forgetting anything?

thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

anyone, anyone at all?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spend a little more on your lift and at least get Teraflex. I don't know that much about Zone lifts. I heard they are made by BDS. You get what you pay for though. I purchased the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shock adapters and 1/2" spacers for my 4door Rubi. Teraflex has lifetime warranty on their products just like BDS. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Zone does not.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have researched no negative reviews on the Zone lift. Also check out Rough Country lifts. There are a 3.25" & 3.5" lift kits for the same price. I like to see further opinions on this post because I am planning out the same type of lift for my JKUSahara.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi

Teraflex 3" instead of zone... way more complete kit.

AEV procal. Great bang for the buck.

Tires - BFG KM2 all day. The new MTR is nasty though too, but the BFG is quiet and last forever.

Lets see it when you get it done!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

HA! I'd love to spend more money on a kit but the Zone fits my current budget. Yeah, I know, Just Empty Every Pocket.
Ultimately I'm just trying to get the Jeep to sit a little higher because I'm tired of all the belly rubbin' I've been doing. I'm sure once the lift is in, I'll want to go even higher because all the rubbin I'll be doing on the even bigger obstacles. Sheesh, where does it end????
Old 06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi

Man, those zone kits are not bad... just not very complete compared to like a tera 3". What size tire you want to run? You look at a tera 2.5" kit? I bet it is as tall as the zone kit. It has 3" front springs and 2" rear springs. Maybe a lil taller if you don't have aftermarket bumpers and stuff. Not much more money. Tera is a site sponsor and on here all the time. They have awesome customer service and also have awesome jeeps that they wheel too. The tera 2.5 looks good on 35s.

Tera Flex JK 2-door 2.5 inch Lift Kit, W/out Shocks (1351002)
Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Well...the zone lifts aren't as complete as other kits but the major difference btwn it and a BDS( from my understanding and experience with tjs) is that they don't have as good of warranty...

Honestly...they're not bad lifts but maybe try to save a few more bucks and look for a good deal on a teraflex? I know money is tight but you also want to make sure you don't regret anything.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Advice? Budget boost puck lift w/shock exts will get you rollin on 35's. Save up for a complete lift of your choice height. Sell BB then.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also going to need a new 1310 driveshaft for he 2012 if our lift more than 2". I would not mess with the exhaust like others do, I went with AEV dual sport suspension, it's a little pricey but comes with the procal and high steer kit with steering stabilizer, it was 1700 shipped from north ridge.

Quick Reply: 3" lift - Info needed