Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" Lift & Exhaust Spacer Question

Old 11-12-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Lift & Exhaust Spacer Question

New to the 3.6 so was wondering if the exhaust spacers are a cure or a bandaid for an automatic JKU with a 3" lift?

Will they keep the DS off the exhaust but will the DS end up spitting grease due to the angle and needing replaced anyway or can it be a long term solution?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would say for 3", a long term solution is getting an aftermarket DS.

I have a 2.5" lift, with the exhaust spacers, and for me that's good. It pushes back the exhaust y pipe enough that the exhaust won't hit the DS.

Now, that being said....it is a cheaper alternative and a quick fix for not ruining the DS. But with 3" and more lift.....the better off you will be with a new longer driveshaft.

2.5" inches and the exhaust spacers and fheres plenty of room for the DS to move around up and down.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the input immortalmetal. That's where I'm really undecided at. I could drop down to 2.5" springs and improve the handling while extending the DS lifespan but I have heavy bumpers, rocker guards, & roof rack with 35s in my garage. Just not sure if I'd regret going down a little due to all the weight.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 2.5 RK X Factor and when fully flexing i still ripped my CV boot even though i have exhaust spacers.

Quick Reply: 3" Lift & Exhaust Spacer Question