Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" lift and 35" tire with 17"-18" will be good? recommand !!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" lift and 35" tire with 17"-18" will be good? recommand !!

Im thinking about to upgrade my baby 07" rubicon unlimited.. I bought from only 2weeks ago. (pre- owned)

I never know about the car !! modified jk FAQ says 35" tire will be 3" lift.. right?

so.. can u recomand any brand of 3"lift kit and 17-18" wheel? any around recommanded shop in Los angeles? or please show me some picture? I can not immagine.

Im a daily driver .. 70miles a day !!! so, I wonder that it makes much much more gas! Do you know how much improve the gas?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sir

To be honest, anyone of our 2.5" systems will run a 35" tall tire. If you think you might go to 37's down the road with flat fenders, then look at a 3.5" lift height. Good Luck with your build. Let us know if you have any questions regarding our products.

Rock Krawler Suspension
Old 08-22-2010, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

In my case, not knowing what to buy, I called David at Northridge4x4 and explained what I wanted to do. He recommended the OME 3" lift with extended travel shocks. That's what I bought and it is working great. I would advise that you give him a call or any of the other sponsors on this forum and get their suggestions. Most are eager to help without a lot of pressure to buy.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you are planning on getting flat fenders, I would get them first. Then look for a lift, if needed. I wish that was the order I would have went in. I have a Tera 3" lift, and it does ride better than stock. But after getting flat fenders I am thinking of a bigger tire to fill up the gap. I am running 17x8 wheels too.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2010 Unlimited Rubicon and went with the 3.25 with 35's. All works fine and clears okay at this time. There is some driving differences with this setup and if you have never driven a Jeep with 35's you should find one to drive before spending.
Just my 2 cents. I knew going in what to expect and so to me, all is great.
Tim
Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mandor6863
I have a 2010 Unlimited Rubicon and went with the 3.25 with 35's. All works fine and clears okay at this time. There is some driving differences with this setup and if you have never driven a Jeep with 35's you should find one to drive before spending.
Just my 2 cents. I knew going in what to expect and so to me, all is great.
Tim
So please elaborate the differences / comparisons in drive compared to stock ?
I would be interested, as I would be unlikely to test that set up out, as Wranglers are a thin on the ground over here.
May be looking at this once out of warranty.
I've got a 2009 Sahara with 4.10 gears.

Thanks
RLT
Old 08-23-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did the TF 3" Coil
315 Kelly safari TSR
17x9 wheels

I trimmed my fenders and I like the look but it could easily fit 37s and look perfect. The 3" with regular fenders is a perfect balance. i just had rubbing so I went flat.

Heres the 3" with 315s(just a hair smaller than some 35s)This is with heavy front and rear bumpers so without them you might get more lift.

I have an auto with 4:10s and it drives fine. I run just over 2k at 70 mph.

With fenders whole

Kit rides much nicer than stock. Only noticed 1 mpg drop.

Quick Reply: 3" lift and 35" tire with 17"-18" will be good? recommand !!