Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" Lift

Old 09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the difference in the 2 kits all see is the flex arms . What are they for? are the flex arms work the extra $$
Old 09-13-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cerunnos
So the teraflex 3" kit 1256200 would cover everthing i need? Would i need the front adjustable trackbar? What about kit 1251200 what are the flex arms for? Which is a better kit for me? Most of my driving is in town. I do some offroading bunt nothing to extreme?
Kit # 1251200 is the base 3" lift kit. It has all the shocks, springs, and misc parts that you need to achieve a 3" lift. What it does not include are adjustable flex arms.

Kit # 1256200 has everything that 1251200 has, but also has front lower and rear upper control arms. As I'm sure you've read on other threads is that you really shold get these 4 control arms. This kit with the arms will let you adjust front caster which will allow your jeep to handle better on the road. The rear uppers let you adjust your rear driveline angle so your rear DS doesn't wear out. To answer your last post, yes it is worth it to get these 4.

Also to consider is kit # 1451300 which include all 8 control arms. With the additional 4 control arms in this kit, you can reset your wheel base. Remeber as you lift the jeep the wheels will want to tuck in towards each other, and your wheel base shortens ever so slightly. Also the TF control arms are much beefier than the stock ones and are greaseable.

On to track bar. With any of these kits you'll get a rear trackbar relocation bracket, so you don't need to worry about the rear. The front is another matter. From installing this kit, I definately needed an adjustable front. My axle was shifted way over to the driveside. It's good practice to have your axles centered for handling and honestly it just looks chincy to have your axles misaligned. TF has a good one, or JKS has one. Check those out.

Check out this thread on your backspacing question.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...74&postcount=3

The stock backspacing is 6.25". I have 1.5" spacers which puts my backspacing at. 4.75. I've had no rubbing issues. It seems the consensus is 4.75" of less. So you can split that between the wheel and spacers. You could get your wheels at 5.5" then add a 1" spacer to achieve 4.5", perfrect.

Let us know what you decided!!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

+1 for Teraflex 3" with the works. I bought every adjustable arm they sold

The family loves it as well.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

Im going to save for a while and get the one with the 8 control arms. I though spacers cause wobble? Plan on getting the fron trackbar too. Just hope the shop knos waht to do with all them. They reccomended and installed a basic 2" BDS lift on my TJ with spacers and i had a vibration when going down interstate Thanks for the advise

Last edited by Cerunnos; 09-14-2009 at 04:25 AM.

Quick Reply: 3" Lift