Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3 inch lift questions, Teraflex or Full Traction

Old 03-24-2008, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 inch lift questions, Teraflex or Full Traction

Hey folks,

Been reading for awhile and have some questions regarding mods, so here they are.

Planning on picking up a JK (4 door) in June and am looking at a 3 inch lift. I think ive narrowed it down to Full Traction and Terraflex, but have no experience with them previously. Im not looking to go cheap either, im looking to do the whole 9 yard suspension, including replacing control arms and whatever I need to be solid on these options.

What are the suggestions/thoughts on these suspensions here?

Still on the fence with 33's or 35's for tires, thoughts here?

Also, dont know if im going to go Rubicon or not, but will probably pony up for the electronice sway bar disconnects with the locking rear's. Should I dump the money in to this or do it aftermarket?

Unfortunately this will be both my daily car and my weekend warrior car, so that may provide perspective on your answers.

Thanks all in advanced, and I look forward to learning more on here, been a great community from what I can see. . . .
Old 03-24-2008, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

I'm also curious to see what people think about these two lifts. I've read recent information on this site though that suggests that you may rub the front driveshaft when flexing with an automatic transmission, just something to think about...
Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Get a Rubicon that way you don't have to do quite so much to have an even more capable trail rig. Both of these lifts are good lifts and both companies have good customer support. I would recommend the FT lift as it is very complete (depending on which kit you pick of course), very beefy, and has been used and abused by many here on this forum with good reviews. I don't have this lift, but may incorporate a set of their springs on my Currie lift, maybe......
Old 03-25-2008, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm also curious to see what people think about these two lifts. I've read recent information on this site though that suggests that you may rub the front driveshaft when flexing with an automatic transmission, just something to think about...
Wow, havent heard about this one yet. Why is this? Was planning on going manual anyways, but this is good to know.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Full traction 3 in premium lift. Its a great lift but there customer service seems to be lacking. It was so bad that the 4wd shop i deal with said I was the first and last person getting a full traction lift through them.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Teraflex 3" kit is a "basic" kit. Full Traction offers a similar version of their 3" kit but also offers 2 other 3" kits that are more complete. Which kit you chose may depend on your budget and what you plan on doing with your Jeep. I started out with the Teraflex 3" kit but would definately do it differently given the options available today (I bought my kit in Jan '07). If I were to do it all again, I would probably go for the Currie Enterprises 4" kit (if money wasn't the limiting factor). I will have to say that the Teraflex customer support has been great. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go Teraflex, get 35s, and get the Rubicon, just my opinion
Old 03-25-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

Here is a thread about what I was talking about. I thought a remember another one though where Eddie commented and there were a couple of better pictures.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...haft+lift+boot

I would also like to know if anyone has any solutions to this...This is a huge deterrent for anyone looking at a lift and could potentially become a serious and expensive problem
Old 03-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
The Teraflex 3" kit is a "basic" kit. Full Traction offers a similar version of their 3" kit but also offers 2 other 3" kits that are more complete. Which kit you chose may depend on your budget and what you plan on doing with your Jeep. I started out with the Teraflex 3" kit but would definately do it differently given the options available today (I bought my kit in Jan '07). If I were to do it all again, I would probably go for the Currie Enterprises 4" kit (if money wasn't the limiting factor). I will have to say that the Teraflex customer support has been great. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks! Actually TeraFlex has 4 -3" kits! 3" Long Arm kit (1257300), 3" w/ 8 arms (1451300), 3" w/ front lowers and rear uppers (1256200), 3" basic kit with no arms (1251200)
Old 03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Thanks! Actually TeraFlex has 4 -3" kits! 3" Long Arm kit (1257300), 3" w/ 8 arms (1451300), 3" w/ front lowers and rear uppers (1256200), 3" basic kit with no arms (1251200)
WOW. I stand corrected. Teraflex has beefed up their line-up.

Quick Reply: 3 inch lift questions, Teraflex or Full Traction