Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" Full Traction with 35's question

Old 01-23-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Full Traction with 35's question

Wanting to get the 3" full traction ultimate lift with a nice set of 35's but I'm worried that I will have problems with the tires bottoming out in the wheel wells. I’ve looked through the pictures and have seen that many of you have this configuration and was hoping that I could get your opinion on whether this is going to be a problem or not.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default FT Ultimate

I ordered a Full Traction Ultimate system today. My new Rubicon Unlimited. has been shipped and is in route..I havent ordered shocks thats tomorrow...I'll let you know how it works out after installation...
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mackdjm
Wanting to get the 3" full traction ultimate lift with a nice set of 35's but I'm worried that I will have problems with the tires bottoming out in the wheel wells. I’ve looked through the pictures and have seen that many of you have this configuration and was hoping that I could get your opinion on whether this is going to be a problem or not.
Not to worry. The kit comes with bump stop extensions.
If you are planning on a new bumper and or winch then you should get the HD front springs.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Full traction 3" lift and 35's on my unlimited, I did have some rubbing on the air deflector thing under the front bumper but I changed bumpers and now no rubbing!I do wheel it alot and it doesen't rub at all.My only complaint with the lift is that my Jeep sits really crooked side to side and it is alot lower in the front than in the rear.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

side to side, is probley from a full tank of gas,

The JK has a rake from the factory as well.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

The side to side is always there, it is 3/4 "lower on the passenger side no matter how much gas is in it.I think that the lift companies should compesate for the low front,it looks stupid with a lift to sit that much lower in the front.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

you can see a 3/4" in difference? You have a better eye than I do!

Also, if you have an after market bumper and winch, or just a bumper. I'd suggest getting HD springs it'll help out with the rake your are concerned about.

reguarding the Posters question. I have no problems with tires stuffing, its just right
Old 01-23-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

It had the rake before I changed bumpers and the bumper doesn't weigh much,maybe 25 lbs it is a stubby.3/4" is alot It is noticeable from the front or rear at any distance.My wife can even see it and she never notices anything.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Gears

What Gears did you put in with this configuration?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:04 AM
JK Newbie

No problems with that set-up on mine, 3" FT with HD springs, 35's and 1" spacers on rear. You will have a little problem with the stock bumper. I also see the offset from right to left (I didn't know it was 3/4") but it is very noticeable.
As for gears... I'm running 5.13's with a 6 speed. I was worried the 5.13's would be to low for the highway (they're not) Now that I have the 5.13's installed I think the 4.88's would have been too high for the woods.

Last edited by vyper; 01-24-2008 at 03:11 AM.

Quick Reply: 3" Full Traction with 35's question