Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" FT Ultimate install question

Old 12-02-2007, 10:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" FT Ultimate install question

Hey Guys, Well I finally got around to installing my lift today. I have a 2 door Rubicon and am installing the FT 3" ultimate lift. I've been following Wayolife's instructions which are extremely detailed and easy to follow. So far I've found if you follow them to the letter things go pretty smooth.( Like when he says to just cut that bolt on the right side upper control arm, DO IT! ) Any way when I got to the rear and changed the angle of my rear diff to match the angle of the driveshaft I noticed it only leaves about an inch of threads where the eye is threaded into the rear upper control arm. Is that enough? Has anyone had any trouble with that? Should I drop the angle on my pinion a little to get more threads? Also when I rotate the pinion upwards to match the driveshaft ,it puts the spring perch at an angle. Does that matter? How much difference in angle of the diff and driveshaft can you get away with , or should you have without damaging the joints? HELP!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:38 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

With the factory drive shaft, you don't really even need to adjust your pinion angle but if you install an aftermarket U-Joint style shaft, this will be a necessary step. Regarding your spring perch being at an angle goes, this is completely normal and will be fine. Last but not least, the amount of thread you see should be more than enough to hold things together.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Wayoflife.

Quick Reply: 3" FT Ultimate install question