Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" BDS lift

Old 07-28-2010, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" BDS lift

anyone have this BDS lift? i cant find any real reviews/ comments on it...

ride, offroad worthiness. All i know if bds's warrenty is awesome...

any info would be great!

thanks
Old 07-30-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

bump!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

benn running it for 3 years.....warranty my ass!! theair disconects sucked ass! (went with JKS ) and the front needed a 1 inch spacer to compensate for the sagging front springs, after i contacted thier customer service they told me to buy their 4 inch front springs to compensate for the sagging 3 inches what a load of crap! as for performance runs very well ( if you DO NOT USE the cam bolts) DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT use the cam bolts!!! i cant stress that enough great flex off road, godd manners on road....but this is after i fixed everything wrong with their lift.... added front lower adj control arms and better discos.. brake line exten. adj rear track bar i know htey are a good price but go with TERA FLEX

2007 JK Unlimited 6 Speed 4.10 Gears
3 Inch BDS Lift
1 inch TERA-FLEX spacers up front to correct for a Basically Deficient Suspension
35x12.5x16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S
16x8 Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels
Custom front Winch Bumper from RoundStar OffRoad
Mopar Offroad Rear Bumper
Oilpan/Tranny skid Plate by Skid Row
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Skyjacker Brake line extenders
Skyjacker Adj Rear track bar
High Clearance Adj Front Lower Control Arms by RocKrawler
RocKrawler Front Lower Control Arm Mounting Bracket/Skid Plates
Warrior Products Rear Safari Doors
Midland 1001z CB
Tera-Flex CB antenna tailgate mounting bracket
Alloy USA Dana 30 Axle Seals
Plenty of ROCKRASH
Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I have been saying nothing but good things about bds but just last week I started having trouble with my track bar. the ruber gromets in it are more like plastic and are already wearing out. i have 7k on my jeep!!!!!! what good is a warranty if you have to replace a part every 6-7k bought a TF replacemnet and will be upgrading to a TF or Rock Krawler lift soon!!!!

if you just plan on mall crawlin it would problably be a good lift because it rides very good.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 0311sgt
benn running it for 3 years.....warranty my ass!! theair disconects sucked ass! (went with JKS ) and the front needed a 1 inch spacer to compensate for the sagging front springs, after i contacted thier customer service they told me to buy their 4 inch front springs to compensate for the sagging 3 inches what a load of crap! as for performance runs very well ( if you DO NOT USE the cam bolts) DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT use the cam bolts!!! i cant stress that enough great flex off road, godd manners on road....but this is after i fixed everything wrong with their lift.... added front lower adj control arms and better discos.. brake line exten. adj rear track bar i know htey are a good price but go with TERA FLEX

2007 JK Unlimited 6 Speed 4.10 Gears
3 Inch BDS Lift
1 inch TERA-FLEX spacers up front to correct for a Basically Deficient Suspension
35x12.5x16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S
16x8 Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels
Custom front Winch Bumper from RoundStar OffRoad
Mopar Offroad Rear Bumper
Oilpan/Tranny skid Plate by Skid Row
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Skyjacker Brake line extenders
Skyjacker Adj Rear track bar
High Clearance Adj Front Lower Control Arms by RocKrawler
RocKrawler Front Lower Control Arm Mounting Bracket/Skid Plates
Warrior Products Rear Safari Doors
Midland 1001z CB
Tera-Flex CB antenna tailgate mounting bracket
Alloy USA Dana 30 Axle Seals
Plenty of ROCKRASH
what problems did you have with the cam bolts. I have 15000k on mine and no problems yet.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't complain about my BDS budget boost. I heard that their coils are not that great. I had FANTASTIC results with a 3" BDS on my old cherokee.

However, if you really want to get a 3" lift, I would go with teraflex or OME.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by viking
what problems did you have with the cam bolts. I have 15000k on mine and no problems yet.
the cam bolts never stayed "true" every time i wheeled the tabs for the cams just were not big enough to hold the cams in place. It had gotten so bad that the axles was actyally shifting inside the cut out slots. before i replaced the lower control arm brackets, i looked at them and noticed the tabs were FLAT and there was nothing there to hold cams in place.. I cant say the cam bolts are a bad design because my TJ is fine with them; howver, i will say the control arm bracket on the JK is a horrible design and is not good for cam bolt use. On the up side I now have RocKrawler lower control arm mounting bracket that are pretty much bomb proof

Quick Reply: 3" BDS lift