Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.8 headers

Old 10-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mbbettertech
I'm running the full Borla system headers, pipes, mufflers and dual tips. Mine I gained about 15Hp and 17ftlbs torque. The biggest gain I have gotten was from my Supperchips programmer.
Are you sure those gains are from Borla? I gained 10 wheel HP from the canned Diablo performance tune.

Where are you getting your dyno numbers?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killfoot1775
I've read in my Flashpaq manual that you can not use with long tube headers? Anyone out there know if this is true? And if true why can you not?
Superchips states not to use long tube with the flashpaq. And I confirmed this with them on the phone a few months ago. If I could do it again I would have gone diablo

Sent from my phone that Obama doesn't pay for!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at a set of gibsons b/c my d/s is leaking slightly. ( damn puddle jumping ). Heard about burnt wires and that concerned me. Ripps are awesome but hell, $$$$. Running superchips too. Im sure some slight gains can be had with shortys but minimal i assume.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Surf City Dan
Mine have heat shields on both sides and I haven't ran into any problems.
Could you please post some photos of how the heat shields have been arranged in your case? I have posted some photos of my install here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...9/#post3817324

The installation instructions were not clear on the placement of the heat shields so I had to spend quite some time on figuring out my own idea of a reasonable arrangement. I am not concerned about the driver side and the coil pack. However the heat shield under the battery pack looks a little small. Although it makes sense to me that the header tube, that is sandwiched by two other tubes and sitting right above the collector, must be the hottest.

Driver Side

Passenger Side

Quick Reply: 3.8 headers