Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.73 and 32's or 33's

Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Planman like your rig by the way.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There are quite a few threads asking that, with quite a few different perspectives on it. Short of point blank asking your service manager, I haven't seen an answer that could be proven as 100% fact.

The one I believe is that yes, they can see that 'something' has changed. (IF they even bothered to look for it??). But no, they can not tell 'what' it was. What they see could be as simple as that you disconnected the battery when you installed your new hid's, instead of knowing that you actually reprogrammed or tuned.

If you are worried about it, get a programmer to set the tires/gears, and don't use a tuner.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The best advise is to ask YOUR dealer. Some are cool about mods, some are real anal.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catahoula
Alright goofy question. I don't know it this has been answered before, but a local shop I stopped at said if you were to run the ProCal or the SuperChip to adjust for tires then change back to stock when you go into a dealership for maintenance they could read that something has been hooked up or adjusted and that would void the warranty. Is this true?
I had a mustang before i had my jeep. I had flashed and reflshed the computer many times since i couldnt keep my hands out of the motor. The dealership never had any idea that i was inside the computer messing with "setting and parameters" as they liked to call them. You should be ok

Quick Reply: 3.73 and 32's or 33's