Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.6 pentastar strength

Old 10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.6 pentastar strength

I am just wondering, the old 3.8 was able to take a supercharger and most that I've seen have been able to run for many miles with minor issues. Is the new 3.6 capable of handling this extra load or will it need internal mods in order to handle the boost. I've looked online and found some articles saying that the pentastar motor will eventually have a turbo charged direct injection model. Which would mean the block strength is there but don't know if the pistons or rods would be strong enough. I know the 3.6 as a deep skirt block which would improve the strength. Has anyone seen if any companies have done any kind of significant performance boosts like a SCer or Turbo on any of the other vehicles that have this engine. I don't think anyone has done anything to the JKs yet, at least that i've seen.

Quick Reply: 3.6 pentastar strength