Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.6 auto supercharger/turbo

Old 03-31-2016, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProdigyPerformance
I personally have a manual transmission and have not driven an automatic with our turbo kit, so I unfortunately can't speak from personal experience on this.

The in-house test Jeep is an automatic, and I'm told that driveability is great with no shifting issues (no "lift to shift" necessary, etc.). There were some issues with early revisions of the tune, but they have been solved with adjustments to the tune related to torque management during gear shifts. There have not been any tech support calls/emails about shifting behavior since we solved the issue in our tune. I also just spoke with a customer today with an automatic transmission who confirmed that it shifts well and smoothly.

As RIPP mentioned, it's important to properly setup the tire size and gear ratio settings with a handheld tuner. Some people may say that the gear ratio setting is unnecessary. This is true for correcting the speedometer, but both axle ratio and tire size are used by the computer for torque management calculations. Set both!

Stay tuned for an upcoming exciting announcement about automatic transmissions

~Jeff
very interested in the upcoming announcement. I would love it if my Rubicon could run a 12 second quarter mile! I think I would sell my corvette!
Old 03-31-2016, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giuliano Rosso
I think I would sell my corvette!
As much fun as the turbo Jeep is, I would stop short of saying that it could replace a Corvette. It would probably be similar to me trying to choose between my turbo Jeep and my motorcycle. Both are fun and fast, but in such completely different ways. Be prepared to want to keep both

But speaking of Corvettes and turbo Jeeps...

The vette wins, but the Jeep really hangs in there until aerodynamics become a major factor at higher speeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwfY47Y01D0 ~Jeff
Old 03-31-2016, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

As much fun as the turbo Jeep is, I would stop short of saying that it could replace a Corvette. It would probably be similar to me trying to choose between my turbo Jeep and my motorcycle. Both are fun and fast, but in such completely different ways. Be prepared to want to keep both

But speaking of Corvettes and turbo Jeeps...

The vette wins, but the Jeep really hangs in there until aerodynamics become a major factor at higher speeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwfY47Y01D0 ~Jeff
ok good point!! I'm thinking i will have to keep both. just have to find a way to get a turbo kit without my wife finding out? or better yet with her blessing, she drives a jeep also, a 2012 Sahara JKU auto. love our jeeps, and Corvette's

keep up the good work.

Last edited by Giuliano Rosso; 03-31-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giuliano Rosso
ust have to find a way to get a turbo kit without my wife finding out? or better yet with her blessing
Turn it into a bonding experience. My wife and I installed my Stage 2 upgrade together

Click image for larger version

Name:	installing_intercooler.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	642404

~Jeff
Old 04-01-2016, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Turn it into a bonding experience. My wife and I installed my Stage 2 upgrade together

Attachment 642404

~Jeff
that's awesome! obviously you two are a great match.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeper52
Hey guys im looking to gain some extra power on my 2015jeep jk. I know a Hemi is the best way but $20k plus isn't going to happen right now and ive heard that swaping in a 5.7 hemi isnt worth the money. What about a supercharger or turbo? I live in colorado so im always driving up some sort of hill or mountian it seems. Im rolling 40's on tons with 5:38's and carry 200/300lbs of extra weight. Will either option help here in the high altitude? Is tuning a constant headache? Also is the power a supercharger or turbo predictable with slow rock crawling? Not looking for a rocket ship just a little more hp to help get me over the big hills and mountains here in Colorado. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
when you decide on which way you're going to go, could you please keep us in the loop on how it turns out? very interested thanks

Quick Reply: 3.6 auto supercharger/turbo