Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.6 auto supercharger/turbo

Old 03-28-2016, 07:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richlortz
Are your kits CARB approved.
Sorry, no CARB approval. The official fine print is "for off road use only".

~Jeff
Old 03-28-2016, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

supercharger will have less maintenance right?
Old 03-28-2016, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by reddevil801
supercharger will have less maintenance right?
The turbo doesn't require any periodic maintenance.

I believe all the superchargers on the market have "self-contained" lubrication. This means they have their own gear oil (different than engine oil) that needs to be changed periodically, separately from changing the engine oil.

The turbo uses engine oil for lubrication, and is hooked into the engine's oil system. Just change the engine oil. We recommend a quality synthetic oil, changed about every 5,000 miles. I personally use Mobile 1 5w20. I get it from WalMart in 5 quart jugs for about $25 each.

Even our oil catch can system system requires zero maintenance. The catch can continuously drains captured oil through a small hose to the oil pan so you never have to check its level or empty it.

The included open element air filter does need to be occasionally cleaned and re-oiled, but that's no different than any other system with an open element air filter. BTW - there's no MAF sensor on the Wrangler, so no concern about reports of oiled air filters fouling up the MAF sensor

The air filter service interval can be extended by adding an air filter wrap (Outerwears, for example). A water repellent air filter wrap will protect the air filter from water splashing/spray. It extends the service interval by simply deflecting many particles that would usually become embedded in the air filter media.

~Jeff

Last edited by Prodigy Performance; 03-28-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Our Supercharger systems utilize a Vortech V3 Supercharger, which is self contained, meaning, they have their own internal oil supply independent of what is used in your engine. The reason for this is to prevent cross contamination between the our system and your vehicles own internal oil.
Maintenance schedule involves changing the blower oil every 7000 miles after initial break in, or every 2nd engine oil change.
Being that we utilize the OE serpentine system, other maintenance would include changing the belt in line with the standard maintenance schedule for your rig. The belt for our system can be found in any auto parts store.

RIPP
Old 03-29-2016, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Our Supercharger systems utilize a Vortech V3 Supercharger, which is self contained, meaning, they have their own internal oil supply independent of what is used in your engine. The reason for this is to prevent cross contamination between the our system and your vehicles own internal oil. Maintenance schedule involves changing the blower oil every 7000 miles after initial break in, or every 2nd engine oil change. Being that we utilize the OE serpentine system, other maintenance would include changing the belt in line with the standard maintenance schedule for your rig. The belt for our system can be found in any auto parts store. RIPP

The ONLY thing I can bring in to all this is

RIPP MODS has THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE ENTIRE PLANET
I,m a really annoying RIPPS customer and they haven't give up on me yet

Thank you RIPP MODS

Daniel
Old 03-29-2016, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe both prodigy and ripp can comment on this? I have head from a few guys running both the ripp and sprintex and they were saying they made great power but the driveability was terrible with an automatic transmission. Also that you have to rev the crap out of the motor to get it to shift out of 3rd. Mine already has this issue. I tend to drive it like a manual letting off the gas so it can shift. If not it will climb north of 4500rpm some times before it shifts automatically. Have these issues been resolved? Can this be fixed by a simple tune?
Old 03-29-2016, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeper52
Maybe both prodigy and ripp can comment on this? I have head from a few guys running both the ripp and sprintex and they were saying they made great power but the driveability was terrible with an automatic transmission. Also that you have to rev the crap out of the motor to get it to shift out of 3rd. Mine already has this issue. I tend to drive it like a manual letting off the gas so it can shift. If not it will climb north of 4500rpm some times before it shifts automatically. Have these issues been resolved? Can this be fixed by a simple tune?

Sorry to hear that
What gears are U Running
Also the latest tunne from RIPPS Can help a little regarding your shifting points
Have you tried to worked it out with the new Diablo tuner .
Give the people at RIPPS a call they are very nice people they might be able to help .
Hope it works out for you ..
Good luck
Old 03-29-2016, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danny767
Sorry to hear that
What gears are U Running
Also the latest tunne from RIPPS Can help a little regarding your shifting points
Have you tried to worked it out with the new Diablo tuner .
Give the people at RIPPS a call they are very nice people they might be able to help .
Hope it works out for you ..
Good luck

Im running 5:38's. I have not tried any tuners. Ive heard that its common to have this issue with 5:38's.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you adjusted the gear and tire size using, procal, flashpaq, diablosport? This can help or totally fix in many vehicles. It all has to do with the Torque management program in your vehicles.

RIPP
Old 03-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor

I personally have a manual transmission and have not driven an automatic with our turbo kit, so I unfortunately can't speak from personal experience on this.

The in-house test Jeep is an automatic, and I'm told that driveability is great with no shifting issues (no "lift to shift" necessary, etc.). There were some issues with early revisions of the tune, but they have been solved with adjustments to the tune related to torque management during gear shifts. There have not been any tech support calls/emails about shifting behavior since we solved the issue in our tune. I also just spoke with a customer today with an automatic transmission who confirmed that it shifts well and smoothly.

As RIPP mentioned, it's important to properly setup the tire size and gear ratio settings with a handheld tuner. Some people may say that the gear ratio setting is unnecessary. This is true for correcting the speedometer, but both axle ratio and tire size are used by the computer for torque management calculations. Set both!

Stay tuned for an upcoming exciting announcement about automatic transmissions

~Jeff

Quick Reply: 3.6 auto supercharger/turbo