Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.6 with 37s

Old 06-22-2016, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
Right, YOU did. The op of the quote never said anything about it. Its a total "what if" situation. So if you're telling me that the axle is reinforced so when you are doing 100 and hit a pot hole it will hold up better thats just retarded. I mean come on........ "What if" I sat in a trash can and made scrambled eggs with an open umbrella? What if???????
Actually yes it has a better chance of holding up. Your the one that said it makes zero difference which is inaccurate and that's all he was pointing out. It makes very little difference is probably a more accurate statement.

No one probably would have responded to you if you had not first come on here with insults in the first place. There was no need for that kind of crap.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last 2 pages are not related to the post.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody said shit about a pothole or obstacles. And I quote....

He is implying that its safer to do 100 in a jk because his axles are reinforced like it makes one half ounce of difference.
Dude you need to go home n kick the dog or something
Old 06-25-2016, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1635492271.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	650665
Old 06-25-2016, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Right, YOU did. The op of the quote never said anything about it. Its a total "what if" situation. So if you're telling me that the axle is reinforced so when you are doing 100 and hit a pot hole it will hold up better thats just retarded. I mean come on........ "What if" I sat in a trash can and made scrambled eggs with an open umbrella? What if???????
But you said NOBODY. You meant to say OP? I mean come on....just say what you mean. We can't read your mind. We're all retarded right? What I'm getting from all your posts is that a reinforced axle isn't really stronger. You should probably let all the companies out there making sleeves and c gussets know that they're wasting everybody's money.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Lol just saying when i got my d44 trussed, the steering was more predictable as in my jk felt more like driving a pickup truck vs a mini van. The draglink sector shaft brace made steering more precise for my '12 JKUR. That being said my top speed was 109mph and that was accidental goin down hill and on another episode, i caught a nasty airborn jump in the dunes by accident and landed hard on my front axle. I would say the truss helped the front axle tubes from bending upon landing my jump in the dunes and stability going over 100mph on the highway!
Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jknit
Have you used a superchips or AEV procal to account for the 37s? I had 37s on my last jeep for 4 years and never did it, have 37s on my current jeep and just did it at 7k miles and it's night and day. I can cruise at 75 without any hiccups, the new shift points after accounting for the 37s is a game Changer. It gave all the drive ability back to the jeep and I'm currently getting 17+mpg highway. I'll regear at somepoint but even the AEV procal made a huge difference

THIS!! Change the shift points and speedometer. 2016 Rubi with 4" MC GameChanger and 37.5 Open Country. Trip from Houston around the Gulf Coast to Florida's Atlantic coast and back. Averaged 18 mpg Running 26 psi in the tires and it rides great..... also has 6 packs on it.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:03 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

What does the 6 pack shock have to do with it? Do you think you are impressing people by saying you have 6 pack shocks in just about every post you do?
Old 07-05-2016, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
What does the 6 pack shock have to do with it? Do you think you are impressing people by saying you have 6 pack shocks in just about every post you do?
Take the shocks off your jeep and see how it rides. Now understand that different shocks will create a different ride.

This is a different thread. Maybe this individual is only reading this thread. He may not have the free time that you have to peruse all the threads on this forum.

I am giving the OP my opinion and info. If this info does not suit your requirements then that is no fault of mine.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:31 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

The OP is asking about gearing and motor swaps for running 37's , nothing about shocks or ride quality.

Why would I take my shocks off?

Quick Reply: 3.6 with 37s