Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.6 with 37s

Old 06-21-2016, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DKJEEP

He is implying that its safer to do 100 in a jk because his axles are reinforced like it makes one half ounce of difference.
An ounce of reinforcement is worth 100 mph of cure?
Old 06-21-2016, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone start a 40's and no lift thread and 100+MPH and 37's thread. This is getting entertaining.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody said shit about a pothole or obstacles. And I quote.... He is implying that its safer to do 100 in a jk because his axles are reinforced like it makes one half ounce of difference.
Ummmm I believe someone said this in in response to you saying I means nothing that his axle was reinforced.

"So your theory is that if you're running 100 mph and hit a pothole, a stock axle will take the hit just as well as a reinforced axle? Hmmmmm"

And he has a point.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny

"So your theory is that if you're running 100 mph and hit a pothole, a stock axle will take the hit just as well as a reinforced axle? Hmmmmm"
At 100 mph if you get down to the physics of it, there would have to be one hell of a pothole, like a ditch, to make a difference on an object going that fast in a straight line on an essential plane.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jordy
At 100 mph if you get down to the physics of it, there would have to be one hell of a pothole, like a ditch, to make a difference on an object going that fast in a straight line on an essential plane.
I cracked a wheel at 70 mph when I hit a pothole last November. 30 mph would have made a difference, and probably not for the better. My point wasn't the pothole exactly, but that anything done to strengthen weak spots does help make a jeep safer. Therefore the statement that his reinforced axle was irrelevant to his 100 mph speed is just being controversial in my opinion.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nobody said shit about a pothole or obstacles. And I quote.... He is implying that its safer to do 100 in a jk because his axles are reinforced like it makes one half ounce of difference.
I said shit about a pothole.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nosnhoj1
I cracked a wheel at 70 mph when I hit a pothole last November. 30 mph would have made a difference, and probably not for the better. My point wasn't the pothole exactly, but that anything done to strengthen weak spots does help make a jeep safer. Therefore the statement that his reinforced axle was irrelevant to his 100 mph speed is just being controversial in my opinion.
What does a cracked wheel have to do with a reinforced axle? Was your axle reinforced? If it was, do you think had it not been that your wheel would not have cracked? Do you know the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?
Old 06-21-2016, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jordy
What does a cracked wheel have to do with a reinforced axle? Was your axle reinforced? If it was, do you think had it not been that your wheel would not have cracked? Do you know the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?
They're connected. Literally...with 5 lugs. Axle was not reinforced. Not sure because it wasn't reinforced. About 6 mph less than a non-laden swallow.

Last edited by nosnhoj1; 06-21-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

They're connected. Literally...with 5 lugs. Axle was not reinforced. Not sure because it wasn't reinforced. About 6 mph less than a non-laden swallow.
Wrong.

If the swallow wasn't going at least 100 mph it's irrelevant anyway, reinforced axle or otherwise.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

I said shit about a pothole.
Right, YOU did. The op of the quote never said anything about it. Its a total "what if" situation. So if you're telling me that the axle is reinforced so when you are doing 100 and hit a pot hole it will hold up better thats just retarded. I mean come on........ "What if" I sat in a trash can and made scrambled eggs with an open umbrella? What if???????

Quick Reply: 3.6 with 37s