Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5" Rough Country Series II install

Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 3.5" Rough Country Series II install

Wish me luck, I have some mechanical experience as far as basic stuff. But I am going to bite the bullet and install my new lift myself. Luckily I will have a stocked garage with a lift.

I have a couple questions:

Q: I can use the stock bracket since I bought an adjustable Track bar correct? I can just toss out the relocation bracket that came with the lift kit??

Q: Is there a place to get my Jeep tuned for the larger tires? Or do I need to buy a Procal module or something similiar?

Q: The directions do not talk about lubrication. I picked up some "White Lithium", what do I need to make sure I hit with it?

I am new to Jeeps, but I am trying to do this myself to learn more about my new rig. These question may seem pretty lame to some of you experienced guys, so don't rip me too bad.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd buy the pro cal. Can change as your jeep changes and be sold if you ever sell the jeep
Old 02-22-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The lift is a good one. I had mine put in a few weeks ago and I haven't had any problems. Post some pics before and after. My profile has measurements before and after. My 35's are in the mail. So I can't wait to finish phase one of my build.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had that lift and it was great. One thing that really made a difference was adjustable lower control arms. Drive great after that.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put this lift on my JK when it was brand new. I didn't use the front and rear RC trackbar brackets nor the drop pitman arm. I bought an adj JKS front trackbar and a much beefier Tereflex rear trackbar bracket. My JK rides and drives great.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BADDANDY
I put this lift on my JK when it was brand new. I didn't use the front and rear RC trackbar brackets nor the drop pitman arm. I bought an adj JKS front trackbar and a much beefier Tereflex rear trackbar bracket. My JK rides and drives great.

So if since I bought an adjustable front track bar, I do not need to use the drop pitman arm that comes with the kit??
Old 02-22-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mokunart
So if since I bought an adjustable front track bar, I do not need to use the drop pitman arm that comes with the kit??
If you use an adjustable front track bar, you don't have to use the drop pitman arm nor the bracket that comes with the kit. If you use the front trackbar bracket or pitman arm, with or without the adjustable front track bar, you must use the drop pitman arm and bracket that comes with the kit.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BADDANDY

If you use an adjustable front track bar, you don't have to use the drop pitman arm nor the bracket that comes with the kit. If you use the front trackbar bracket or pitman arm, with or without the adjustable front track bar, you must use the drop pitman arm and bracket that comes with the kit.
i am considering this kit looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Quick Reply: 3.5" Rough Country Series II install