Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5 Rough Country with 33s???? Pics Please

Old 05-18-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5 Rough Country with 33s???? Pics Please

Is anyone running this setup? The reason i ask is because my wife wants me to lift the jeep but i dont want to go any bigger then my 33s. I know i dont need the lift with 33s but i want to see how it looks. The reason she wants it lifted is cuz we have always had lifted rigs and she likes it. i just sold my yj that was on 38.5s and we have a 06 4 door f150 on 37s so she wants the jku a little bigger. I know people will ask why i dont want to go any bigger then 33s and the anwer is i dont want to re-gear right now and its my dd.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jesse0376
Is anyone running this setup? The reason i ask is because my wife wants me to lift the jeep but i dont want to go any bigger then my 33s. I know i dont need the lift with 33s but i want to see how it looks. The reason she wants it lifted is cuz we have always had lifted rigs and she likes it. i just sold my yj that was on 38.5s and we have a 06 4 door f150 on 37s so she wants the jku a little bigger. I know people will ask why i dont want to go any bigger then 33s and the anwer is i dont want to re-gear right now and its my dd.
I da 33's and put the rc 35 lift... I idmediately went to 35's...only go 2" with 33's
Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

i was thinking of getting a 2.5" lift but i will want to go with 35s down the road. I bought the jku for my dd because i built my yj for a wheeling rig. i put alot of time and money into it i had a HP dana 44 and 9" both had detroits with 4.88 gears it had flat fenders soa lift with 3" springs, high steer, rock sliders, bumpers with tire carrier in the rear, had a xj stretch, all the works all done by me so i know how to setup a wheelin rig. But after driving my jk i hated my yj it was loud stiff and just sucked. so i sold it and hope to get my jk to that point some day. i just like what rough country had to offer with their 3.5 kit so i was hoping someone else is crazy like me and wanted to put a 3.5" lift with 33s on their jku LOL.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default here you go...

this is a rough country 2.5" with a 1.25" body lift. I also swapped out springs with a JKU Sahara which gave me an extra inch of lift. from what I have seen.. 2.5" kits usually have a slight rubbing issue with 33's when disconnected. i was only going to add the body lift to fix that issue but then stumbled into those springs free so I said what the hell. the 2.5" is bad enough of your drive shaft so yes.. im planning on a new one soon.. also.. id get some front control arms to fix that.

Quick Reply: 3.5 Rough Country with 33s???? Pics Please