Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5" RockKrawler Max Travel System vs. 3.5" AEV DualSport SC Suspension

Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well played sir
Old 05-04-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Nice comparison. Does the Rancho kit include front sway bar extended links and progressive rate coil springs front and rear?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moabicon
Nice comparison. Does the Rancho kit include front sway bar extended links and progressive rate coil springs front and rear?
It does in fact, include new front swaybar links. Does the AEV kit include new front swaybar links? Oh, wait I can answer that for you. NO. It includes new rear links and use use the rears up front. Good question though. <Sarcasm. But if the Ranco kit didn't I would have plenty of money left over to buy gold plated ones. As for the progressive rate springs, well Rancho doesn't use that marketing ploy, but Rough Country does and everyone complains about RC's springs. All springs are inherently progressive. The more you compress them the stiffer they get. Again, physics is physics man. A few things I can mention are that no one complains about Rancho springs sagging, everyone loves the way they ride and the shocks are adjustable, so you can adjust them to suit your own preference. How about AEV? Not so much. Instead of trying to pick apart a really good kit at an outstanding price, maybe you should try and figure out why the AEV kit costs so much. I think it must be the brain washing gizmo that comes with their wonderfully, amazing kit. Did I mention that the Rancho kit comes with brand new, really pretty, extended, stainless steel, front brake lines?

I'm not saying the AEV kit isn't nice, just overpriced. My buddy ran one on his 08 2 door Rubicon for 2 years and loved it, never had a complaint.

Thanks for the quiz and I hope I get a good grade. I havn't had an essay exam in quite some time.

Gary
Old 05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pcc999
Hey Gary... you must be an Accountant...
LOL. I'm actually a full time insurance agent and part time poker addict with OCD.

Originally Posted by pcc999
Even the AEV people will be hard pressed to argue with those facts!
I promise, they will argue.

I've been told that starting a "debate" with me over something I've Obsessed with is like this >

Gary

Last edited by ASSFROW; 05-04-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ASSFROW
It does in fact, include new front swaybar links. Does the AEV kit include new front swaybar links? Oh, wait I can answer that for you. NO. It includes new rear links and use use the rears up front. Good question though. <Sarcasm. But if the Ranco kit didn't I would have plenty of money left over to buy gold plated ones. As for the progressive rate springs, well Rancho doesn't use that marketing ploy, but Rough Country does and everyone complains about RC's springs. All springs are inherently progressive. The more you compress them the stiffer they get. Again, physics is physics man. A few things I can mention are that no one complains about Rancho springs sagging, everyone loves the way they ride and the shocks are adjustable, so you can adjust them to suit your own preference. How about AEV? Not so much. Instead of trying to pick apart a really good kit at an outstanding price, maybe you should try and figure out why the AEV kit costs so much. I think it must be the brain washing gizmo that comes with their wonderfully, amazing kit. Did I mention that the Rancho kit comes with brand new, really pretty, extended, stainless steel, front brake lines?

I'm not saying the AEV kit isn't nice, just overpriced. My buddy ran one on his 08 2 door Rubicon for 2 years and loved it, never had a complaint.

Thanks for the quiz and I hope I get a good grade. I havn't had an essay exam in quite some time.

Gary
I am just asking questions so others and myself can make better informed decsicions. Not sure why you are sounding like such an ass. You really don't need to be.
We all just love 4 wheeling off road, and getting out and doing back country trails on weekends right? Lets be more civil to each other. I don't normally run into fellow wheelers on the trail with your hostility, and truthfully, I am glad.

-Gary
Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moabicon
I am just asking questions so others and myself can make better informed decsicions. Not sure why you are sounding like such an ass. You really don't need to be.
We all just love 4 wheeling off road, and getting out and doing back country trails on weekends right? Lets be more civil to each other. I don't normally run into fellow wheelers on the trail with your hostility, and truthfully, I am glad.

-Gary
Sorry man, just trying to keep it light!!!!!

I am quite often an unintentional ass!!!!

If we meet on the trail I will buy a round of these After we're done driving of course.

Gary

Quick Reply: 3.5" RockKrawler Max Travel System vs. 3.5" AEV DualSport SC Suspension