Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5" Rock Krawler and bump stops.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My front bump stops could be a little shorter, but I'm not going to fuss over a half inch or so up front.

I'll get the dremel out sometime and do a little Dr work.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeeptang
My front bump stops could be a little shorter, but I'm not going to fuss over a half inch or so up front. I'll get the dremel out sometime and do a little Dr work.
I went through dremel bits like crazy trying to cut with it. A jigsaw with a metal blade works really well lol. I cut a good bit out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3665967245.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	521.4 KB
ID:	642714  
Old 04-03-2016, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

Doesn't look too bad. What's an easy way to measure this. I'm a half inch from the front portion of the fender flexed out and rub in the rear due to my short bump stops
X-factor ? If you used their numbers setting the lower arms +1" or 20 3/4
My arms were cut down but the latest gen will adjust stock. +1" you will need to cut the rear seams.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

It is the x X-factor. I bought it back in 2011 has the poly bushings in the lower arms.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:59 AM
JK Junkie

It is the x X-factor. I bought it back in 2011 has the poly bushings in the lower arms.
Yea then your axle is a good 1" back. Assume you run wedges and moved the swaybar back too?
Old 04-04-2016, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

I run the 3.5 x factor on a JKUR with 3" of bumpstop. I took a BFH and folded over the corner of the rear pinch seam at the bottom. No rubbing front or rear with the control arms set to the length RK specifies. Still running stock fenders and the only place it rubs is under the very top of the rear fender which makes a little noise when flexed but hasn't damaged anything with quite a bit of trail time on it. This weekends project is to cut the fenders.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what is going to happen to mine if I don't fix it. I just flexed out in the ditch. My rear shocks will bottom out a half inch before the bump stops hit and that's not counting the rubbage. Looks like 4" bump stops in the rear would fix all my issues. Or do 3" bumps and some trimming Also checked the front. Front track bar drops down and will touch the differential. Loosen the jam nuts and roll the bar forward? Or is there something else to do. Adjustable RK track bars also.
Honestly that's way too much bumpstop. Just cut man no worries. I run 2" both front and rear with 37s on 3" of lift. Use all your shock travel. My axle is relocated back about 1/2"

Quick Reply: 3.5" Rock Krawler and bump stops.