Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5 RK and Dynomax Exhaust Questions

Old 12-24-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5 RK and Dynomax Exhaust Questions

So I just Installed the RK 3.5 X Factory and I have a Dyno Max Rock Crawler exhaust. I have not relocated the rear sway bars back an inch yet, because it looks like the horizontal part of the bar is going to hit the drop tube of the exhaust.
Any one combined these two parts and any pics or solutions? I'm thinking I might have 2 options Antirock or chop the exhaust pipe at the muffler like EVO does.

1 more thought....the brakelines are loooong! How are folks routing them or where are you zip tieing them so they don't rub or get hung up on brush?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3976.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	253921

The concern is it looks like the sway bar will just barely touch the pipe, but with exhaust vibrations it will vibrate like crazy. The sway bar will get moved back where the frame drops just a hair.

Also the raised axle side track bar bracket is real close to the pipe. If the driver side flex's up ....pretty sure it will contact it.

Pretty nice to have a Dynomax guy looking at this. Thanks!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks and I look forward to the response and what you guys recommend.
Anyone else have experiences and solutions?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump for advise on the exhaust.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same problem but with the mbrp offroad exhaust, mine makes contact in both areas, like in your pic. I figured I would have to cut the tail pipe before the axle and do some sort of elbow down?? Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bronco88
I have the same problem but with the mbrp offroad exhaust, mine makes contact in both areas, like in your pic. I figured I would have to cut the tail pipe before the axle and do some sort of elbow down?? Thanks
This is one option to address this on this specific suspension, unfortunately for us, we can't fit our exhaust on all the available suspensions that are out there.
If this isn't something you want to do, take advantage of our 90 day Performance and Sound Guarantee. Again sorry for the inconvenience.

http://dynomax.com/safeandsound.php

Also as Imposter hinted at the EVO crew modify our system and do a pre axle dump. This system, We are calling the Evolution Competition System, should (key word should) be available April 2012 as well.

Last edited by Dynomax; 12-28-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

I did pre-axle dump as well. You cant expect Dynomax or any other manufacturer to account for every system and set-up we do to these jeeps.

$70 for the muffler and some welding and it wont hit anything.

BR-
Old 12-28-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the tips
As the pics show I already have the muffler and exhaust from Dyno Max.
No promo needed.

Do you have to add a hanger behind the muffler to support it? Seems like I would need extra support.
Need better pics of EVO's setup!!

Quick Reply: 3.5 RK and Dynomax Exhaust Questions