Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5" lift with stock tires

Old 08-26-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5" lift with stock tires

I am about to make the first of many purchases for my jeep, it will be a lift and some much needed armor, a front bumper to replace the stock one I already damaged testing out my new jeep. I am going to go with a 3.5" lift, wheel spacers and 35" tires on stock rims till I pick and save up for the rims I want and not just settle for what I can get. My question is has anybody run a 3.5" lift with spacers with stock rubi wheels and rims. If so do they have pictures? I may have to wait 2 months or so for the tires and if I order the lift, I am not going to have the will power not to install it, but don't want it looking ridicules on 32''.

Sal

Last edited by smcastillo; 08-26-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: poorly typed...sorry
Old 08-26-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Which spacer lift are you looking at? I don't recall seeing any at all that were over 2.5". Or are you stacking spacers?

Also, have you considered how you'll address the caster? Axle shift? Brake lines? Bumpstops?

Personally, I'd wait until you actually get the tires before adding 3 1/2 inches of lift. I'm not a fan of the big lift/tiny tires look, but it will also give you time to work out any of the other items you might want to install with the lift...

One more thought - After adding a lot of weight from the armor/bumpers/etc, big spacers will give you the lift for the 35's, but the stock springs will be squashed flat. You might look at coils instead.

Last edited by nthinuf; 08-26-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sorry, i didnt type that out very well. I am going rubicon express 3.5" standard lift, and will be putting on wheel spacers so that when I get the 35" tires they will not rub. I am not planning on doing a lift with spacers.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Gotcha. Disregard that whole post
Old 08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Don't have pics but I think you will be ok. It might look a little weird but it's a Jeep thing. Plan on doing the same thing. About to order my life and tires won't be in the future until I have some more money saved up after getting the lift.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I plan on ordering this up pretty soon, probably wont make up my mind till I am in front of the counter ordering things. What ever I do I will have pics at all stage, so if this comes up again I will have pics to show other people.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I'm planning on doing exactly the same thing, getting a 3" lift first and then 35" tires 2 or 3 months later. If it looks stupid it will just inspire me to upgrade sooner. Ultimately though I think it will look fine, not ideal, but not anything that looks bad.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered my RE 3.5" superflex kit. The goal is to buy some rims with proper backspacing next. I am going to try and hold out on doing the lift until I at least get the rims with stock tires. So it will hadd added a little width for stability and looks, but it is going to be real hard not installing the lift when it gets here in a couple of days. Anybody have pics of a 3.5 lift with stock tires? I saw a post of one with 6" with stock tires, but I was hoping someone has a picture so I know what it will exactly look like.

Sal
Old 09-03-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im going to be doing a similar thing very soon, I already have the 2.5" lift fitted and im going to go with either RC 1.25" or another make 1" spacer, not sure yet, either way it will be around 3.5" on 32's
Old 09-03-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here you go... 3.5 and 32's

Here it is before I swapped out the stock SRAs for MTs

Quick Reply: 3.5" lift with stock tires